tynman

Next version of TCM-7811?

Has anyone heard when/if the next generation of the TCM-7811 will be released? I'm looking to buy a couple of these, but didn't want to dump the cash into it if the next version is right around the corner.

I'm really trying to find a dome version of the KCM-5611 but haven't had much luck. I like the TCM-7811 just wish it had WDR.

Thanks!

I'll be reveiwing it when it comes in a few months, December for the bullet, and mid January for the dome but dates may slip, hopefully not but also consider if it's a hot camera, it may get backordered like the TCM-7811 did when it came out. This will be the same sensor as the KCM-5611 I reviewed so you can get a glimpse of what it will be like, but in a form factor of the TCM-1231 bullet and the TCM-7811 dome from the pictures I've seen. You can google away but there's nothing out there.

If that fits your timeframe, me thinks it's worth the wait, it's a superb low light image and 1080P resolution and WDR which the TCM-7811 does not have.

I'll be reveiwing it when it comes in a few months, December for the bullet, and mid January for the dome but dates may slip, hopefully not but also consider if it's a hot camera, it may get backordered like the TCM-7811 did when it came out. This will be the same sensor as the KCM-5611 I reviewed so you can get a glimpse of what it will be like, but in a form factor of the TCM-1231 bullet and the TCM-7811 dome from the pictures I've seen. You can google away but there's nothing out there.

If that fits your timeframe, me thinks it's worth the wait, it's a superb low light image and 1080P resolution and WDR which the TCM-7811 does not have.

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately due to some recent criminal activity in my neighborhood I'm on a do it now time line. I think I'll just try to find a couple of decent cameras for now to get me by and when the new ones come out just buy and rotate the old to another location.

Do you have a model number for the new domes coming out in mid-January? Would like to keep an eye out for them.

I'm not sure if it's public info but the info may be released later this month at ISC East. What I did is buy the Dahua mini bullets for $150 each at Costco as a place holder for the new ACTi cameras.

Is the new bullet the e31? I was interested in this camera but have not been able to dig up any real info like sensor actual size and such. I ended up just placing an order for 20 of the 1111 models along with even more of the 5611 cameras. ACTi should be loving me right now as I've been using a ton of cameras from them.

I really, really need an affordable 1mp outdoor dome right now and I'd prefer an ACTi but they have nothing. Not even a great price on the indoor domes. Maybe some hope coming?

Nope, not the E31, but there's going to be a 3MP and 5MP bullet with the same specs as the E31. Then another series of 1,3,5 MP versions with 3.3.12mm lenses. Then the 2MP low light WDR bullet and dome I'm waiting for that uses the same chip as the 5611 and then a 1 & 3 MP superior WDR version. Also, 2 lower end bullets. They are not saying sensor sizes other than the viewing angle gives it away that the 3 & 5MP versions will have larger sensors than the 1MP version. The 5611 will still be better because it has the superior WDR and the better sensor and zoom and autofocus. I

I see information coming after next week. Companies hold on to this sort of information for trade shows. So I would expect this to happen last week of October in NYC at ISC West. Wish I could go, NYC is a great place to be in October.

I'm considering the 5611 to point at the mailbox near the street for it's extra zoom.

The 2MP Dahua isn't reaching far enough out for facial recognition plus it isn't WDR.

Only thing holding me back for going with 5611 is the 15fps at 1080p. Any other camera that

would work better for this case with 30fps, where mailbox is about 40-50 feet out?

Nope, not the E31, but there's going to be a 3MP and 5MP bullet with the same specs as the E31. Then another series of 1,3,5 MP versions with 3.3.12mm lenses. Then the 2MP low light WDR bullet and dome I'm waiting for that uses the same chip as the 5611 and then a 1 & 3 MP superior WDR version. Also, 2 lower end bullets. They are not saying sensor sizes other than the viewing angle gives it away that the 3 & 5MP versions will have larger sensors than the 1MP version. The 5611 will still be better because it has the superior WDR and the better sensor and zoom and autofocus. I

I see information coming after next week. Companies hold on to this sort of information for trade shows. So I would expect this to happen last week of October in NYC at ISC West. Wish I could go, NYC is a great place to be in October.

Thank you very much for the information, I will be looking for more info in the next week or two. I usually get emails from them with new product info but got nothing on the e31 and a couple of the others I see out there now.

Anything in a bullet performing like the 5611 interests me greatly depending on the price. Bullets are 90% of the cameras we use. 3mp and 5mp sounds good, but night performance scares me currently. Also interested in lower end bullets as many times that is what I'm looking for for my basic shots.

Going to be a busy week or two for me, Apple, Google, and Microsoft Windows 8 launch announcements plus camera stuff going on. Good times!

I'm not sure if it's public info but the info may be released later this month at ISC East. What I did is buy the Dahua mini bullets for $150 each at Costco as a place holder for the new ACTi cameras.

Hi buellwinkle, just wanted to say thanks for your suggestion on the mini bullets. Picked up a couple of these and have been running them for close to a month now and am very happy with the decision!