baspax1

CCTV 700tvl ir leds problem

Hi i have a problem with my cctv camera wich is

http://www.ideashop.gr/eshop/detail/cctv-parakolouthisi/kameres-cctv/nixterinis-lipsis/8191-kamera-anga-age-701-s-13-ccd-700-grammes.html?sef=hcccp

i install these camera in a place that it rains.. and after a hour of rain i see my camera take water inside and after this i saw that ir leds on night doesnt work anymore.. the camera is ip 66 weather proof but i dont have any cover i found on ebay this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-LED-Security-Camera-Infrared-IR-Illuminator-Board-C-/220786739948?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3367ea4aec

that has more ir leds than my camera but i dont know if does fit on my camera can you help me and if these ir illuminator have difference than my ir illuminator who has 36pcs of leds?

Sorry for my english im from greece and i dont know good english.

There is no such thing as weather-proof. IP before two digits means Ingress protection and is a rating of how resistant to solids and moisture an enclosure is. Obviously yours wasn't but it may have been rated IP66 or 65 but the mere fact that water went in proves my point. The camera or it's outer casing may be IP rated but obviously it's not weather proof.

Once water has got in it's buy a new camera time because moisture never goes away without leaving a residue and it won't be long before some other problem arises. Don't throw good money after bad.

There is no such thing as weather-proof. IP before two digits means Ingress protection and is a rating of how resistant to solids and moisture an enclosure is. Obviously yours wasn't but it may have been rated IP66 or 65 but the mere fact that water went in proves my point. The camera or it's outer casing may be IP rated but obviously it's not weather proof.

Once water has got in it's buy a new camera time because moisture never goes away without leaving a residue and it won't be long before some other problem arises. Don't throw good money after bad.

i have buy an alluminium cover i dont have money now to buy a new cctv.. camera work perfect for now but ir leds dont work.. and want to know if this ir leds fits for me.

I've seen this a million times. Since the camera is usually angled downwards within the dome , guess what part is the lowest. That's right - the IR led circuit board. It is the first to contact the water & gives up pretty quick. You may manage to salvage the camera itself. I'm guessing the camera is mounted on a horizontal surface & water is getting in via the base where the cable entry is. It is obviously NOT IP66

Your cam has a leak problem. It might be as simple as not having a drip loop on the wires going in but might be a bad housing or seal in the housing somewhere. Not much sense in the long term fixing the LEDs if water will wreck the new ones, too. Did you take a tape measure to the front of your camera? The replacement LEDs you're looking at mention a diameter. Is that the same outside diameter of the LEDs in your camera? If so, you might be able to make them fit. Maybe. No guarantees that the mounts will be the same on the replacement ring.

Is it a fairly new camera? Might still be under warranty if it is. If not and you want a hobby with no guarantee of getting it working properly even for a short while, then buy the cheap replacement ring. It might work well, provided you can find where the cam is leaking and fix the leak and you get lucky and there are no other corrosion issues inside the camera that will drastically shorten its life. It might work poorly with excess light bouncing around inside the housing and blinding the sensor from reflections because it didn't mount perfectly. The new LED ring might even have the same diameter and mounting holes as the old one but thicker LEDs so it won't go on the cam with the waterproof lens in place. The best place to guarantee the fit of a replacement LED ring is the store you bought it from rather than a different online store.

If it were me, I'd save my effort and buy another cam for that location from a company with a known good reputation and maybe use that one in a dry place in the hopes that I got at least a few more months out of it before corrosion killed it. Anything more than that is a bonus.

Your cam has a leak problem. It might be as simple as not having a drip loop on the wires going in but might be a bad housing or seal in the housing somewhere. Not much sense in the long term fixing the LEDs if water will wreck the new ones, too. Did you take a tape measure to the front of your camera? The replacement LEDs you're looking at mention a diameter. Is that the same outside diameter of the LEDs in your camera? If so, you might be able to make them fit. Maybe. No guarantees that the mounts will be the same on the replacement ring.

Is it a fairly new camera? Might still be under warranty if it is. If not and you want a hobby with no guarantee of getting it working properly even for a short while, then buy the cheap replacement ring. It might work well, provided you can find where the cam is leaking and fix the leak and you get lucky and there are no other corrosion issues inside the camera that will drastically shorten its life. It might work poorly with excess light bouncing around inside the housing and blinding the sensor from reflections because it didn't mount perfectly. The new LED ring might even have the same diameter and mounting holes as the old one but thicker LEDs so it won't go on the cam with the waterproof lens in place. The best place to guarantee the fit of a replacement LED ring is the store you bought it from rather than a different online store.

If it were me, I'd save my effort and buy another cam for that location from a company with a known good reputation and maybe use that one in a dry place in the hopes that I got at least a few more months out of it before corrosion killed it. Anything more than that is a bonus.

Yes this camera i bought it as new... 87 euros.. and they told me that was weatherproof..

i think the led of my camera is 36pcs of φ8mm

and the ir leds ring from ebay its 96pcs of φ5mm but diametre and volts is equal.. i have bought a aluminium cover to cover my camera from corrosion..

i have found a camera on ebay but i dont thrust anymore.. the camera is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-3-SONY-EXview-HAD-II-700TVL-Effio-E-2-8-12mm-Varifocal-NightVision-CCTV-Camera-/160870556086?pt=US_Security_Cameras&hash=item2574a1e1b6

I would try and return the leaking camera to the original seller under warranty first. It's quite possible that the replacement won't leak. I haven't bought a camera on EBay for a while so I can't recommend a seller. Shockwave199 on here has a Youtube channel where he reviews some cameras similar to the one you have and has video of how they perform. Cams aren't all created equal even though they look the same. His videos show pretty good night performance compared to many other inexpensive analog IR cameras and he mentions where he got them. See if you like them compared to the one you've got. They certainly perform better than any I've used with less overexposed faces at night when a person gets close enough that you should be able to see facial detail.