v1de0man

Intellex LT additional space

I am well aware of the additional space frm the external boxes you can buy but i need to know if i add another internal harddrive can this unit use it to store the videos.

Essentially its a 160gb hd split so 135gb is the data part. I was hoping to add a 2nd internal 500 or 320gb drive. Can this unit allow writing to both drives?

Or it only allows one database to run? So i would have to rip out the 160gb and replace it with a 500gb?

From what i see on the net ( old stuff ) seems only a 320gb unit is available unless you buy the external drives. So by the nature of the external racked boxes there must be a way to have the additional storage, or perhaps that is only for the new intellex units. and perhaps they are raided.

Yes, you can easily add another harddrive to your Intellex. It mounts in the caddy with the first one. Your second drive will simply be for video storage, there's no system partition on it. I'm using an Intellex LT with two drives for my system here at home.

yes i discovered this last night, i did notice however the computer does have sata so instead of putting a small 500gb ide one in I will look at putting a 1.5 / 2tb one in. That should store plenty of days and cameras and alot cheaper too.

yes i discovered this last night, i did notice however the computer does have sata so instead of putting a small 500gb ide one in I will look at putting a 1.5 / 2tb one in. That should store plenty of days and cameras and alot cheaper too.

Definetely. I've got two 750gb WD Caviar Black in mine and it works just fine. I've been looking into 2tb drives myself lately though. Glad you got it figured out.

I put a 1.5tb in on one of the sata connectors, but it will be replaced by a 2tb one as soon as mr Amazon brings it. I think we worked out 70 days storage with all the cameras on it

Its a 16 cam unit but i think there is only 9 on it

Had to mess in bios of course. Pretty tricky to get into the OS i have been using a live cd.

I tried the cntrl key didnt seem to work for me, is there a specific time to press it? is it like safe mode in windows 8 where if you miss it you hae to start all over again?

I had to use a live cd to get the hdd formatted etc

Definetely. I've got two 750gb WD Caviar Black in mine and it works just fine. I've been looking into 2tb drives myself lately though. Glad you got it figured out.

indeed 2 sata slots 2 drives 2tb each at £74 a pop a nice few months of storage on there.

3tb a little too expensive at the moment.