__tk__

(yet another) home CCTV design thread

Looking at purchasing the following for a home setup...

DVR - Gadspot GS2211V

Cameras -

(3x) Gadspot GS4011CF

(5x) Sony Enhanced Effio-E Sony EXVIEW II 72IR LED Bullet 2.8-12mm

I need to buy cable, baluns, a power block, and a hard drive for the dvr. Trying to keep it around $1000 but may be more like $1300 after its all said and done.

I'm wondering if the Sony cameras will be overkill... maybe I could save a few bucks and go with the Gadspots all around the perimeter. My thought was to first start with the Gadspot cams and eventually work in the Sony's, moving the Gadspots indoor. The way I've got it mapped out, I'll need a 16 channel DVR because 8 cams are needed to cover every angle around the yard. I might just start small and order the DVR, 2 Gadspot cams and 1 Sony to get a better idea of my needs.

Heres a crude layout of my house, garage, and yard.

204295_1.jpg

Any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks!

You park your car in your driveway overnight? If so, one analog cam probably won't make you happy for ID purposes if you want a wide coverage cam there. I have a double driveway with three cams. One wide and two tight for the two cars. Make sure what you get gives clear properly exposed video at night. If not keep trying other cams.

I would turn cam 7 around to look where cam 8 is looking & vica versa so the FOV overlaps. You say nothing about the lens selection. Get varifocal lens's to enable "fine tuning"

I would turn cam 7 around to look where cam 8 is looking & vica versa so the FOV overlaps. You say nothing about the lens selection. Get varifocal lens's to enable "fine tuning"

Good point about cams 7 and 8.

The Gadspot cameras are 650TVL 1/3" WDS 9~22mm Varifocal Lens

The Sony cams are 2.8-12mm

id also move cam 4 to the corner of the garage at the driveway end looking up the walk way area by them 2 doors moving cam 4 to this location protects both door plus the walk way.