rory

Sanyo Day Night Dome

Here are some shots with us turning the lighting up and down, different levels. Notice at the last couple images, it goes almost pitch dark (we cant see anything in that dark, thats for sure), then the Sanyo changes to BW.

The Sanyo also has an external control for the I Cur Filter, which is neat.

See specs at bottom.

The camera 7 is a simple Provideo BW Bullet camera, the Camera 8 is the Sanyo Day Night Vandal Dome. Shrunk the images down to display here.

2.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Surface Mount • 1/4" Color CCD Image Sensor • High Quality Images with DSP Circuitry • 520 TV Lines • IR Cut Filter (with external control) • Two Types of Backlight Compensation • Minimum Required Illumination of 0.04 Lux (B/W Mode), 1.2 Lux (Color Mode) • Built-in 2.8 - 5.8 mm Varifocal Auto-iris Lens (Equivalent to 4.0 - 8.0 mm in 1/3" CCD) • P66 Weatherproofing Standard • 12VDC/24VAC • 3-year Manufacturer Warranty

Edited by Guest

Let me be the first to say: I’ll take 2 to start.

Good Job, that’s the kind of examples people want to see.

Here is one at an outside bar with the Sanyo:

other2.jpg

And here is one of our favourite cheap IR Color OEM bullet cameras ..

cheapoIR.jpg

No comparison and that club is the perfect place to test a good camera with an IR Cut Filter.

Look at all the different colors in that place.

That is an IR OEM’s worst nightmare.

this is general problem on those D/N camera the cut filter only block 60%(maybe more) IR form the visiable light that is why the colour is wash out.. the image above is the night time seems not enough IR or the cut filter block too many IR

this is general problem on those D/N camera the cut filter only block 60%(maybe more) IR form the visiable light that is why the colour is wash out.. the image above is the night time seems not enough IR or the cut filter block too many IR

The last camera above, which is a standard cheap OEM Color IR bullet camera, has NO IR Cut Filter. The color is washed out as the camera is picking up too much IR from lighting while in color mode.

There is a good definition here by Howard:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=27088#27088

It's too bad you couldn't have had some of the customers in front of the bar with their faces blurred on the OEM Camera without the IR filter.

Then you could really see the distortion of the colors, especially with the flashy colors that the customers wear.

Then some customers at the bar where the Sanyo is installed.

Plus since the resolution of the photos had to be shrunk down in order to post them in the forum you really can't see how good the quality really is.

i do, i blurred out the staff member that is sitting right in front of the OEM camera at the bar looking right at the camera (TV right above it), since he is the night time security there. I have faces on the Sanyo's also, but for security reasons cant show them.

That inside bar actually has a lot of Neon Lighting also, so that can make the colors not as real as the outdoor camera, but the Sanyo is definetely 100 times much better than the OEM camera, which I think our Torpedo was talking about.

The Sanyo is showing the true colors, especially outdoors where there is much more lighting, and at the indoor bar, as the lighting gets lower, the colors degrade as does the image, then it switches to BW, which is normal. We were turning the club and bar lighting up and down to test it out.

Rory