Neo

High-res cameras on normal TV?

I bought a DVR with a 160 gig hard drive yesterday. I didn't buy a monitor because I just want to hook this up to my normal TV (NTSC) when I review the recordings. Would it be a waste of money if I buy a high-res bullet type camera? I've read that bullet type has 480 resolution. Can normal TV do 480 resolution? Am I just wasting money if I buy a high-res camera if my TV can only play the images in low-res?

Does high-res cameras take more hard drive space?

Does black & white cameras take less hard drive space?

Hi There, what is the Application for?

What is the DVR or where did you buy it?

BW cameras do take up less space then a color camera..

A High res camera can still make difference in live view quality on a TV even though the TV is low res.

Dont buy the camera for what you are viewing it on, but buy it for the application. Recording is where the quality of the camera comes in to play.

Bullet cameras come in High Res, Medium Res, and low res, depends what your budget is.

The recording setting is what REALLY determines the recording time, not the camera color, BW, or high or low res.

Rory

Does the DVR have an RF output and/or an S-VHS output ? It should be detailed in the user manual. Also, does your TV have an AV (Audio/Video RCA jacks) or S-VHS input ? The use of S-VHS connections between DVR and TV, if they exist, would be best for High-Res. Just purchase the cable from a local TV/Audio shop. Then move onto the AV jacks if no S-VHS is available and you have this facility. The resolution should still be very good. Otherwise you will have to purchase an RF Modulator to channelise the DVR output onto your TV. The quality results of this would still be good but not as good as AV or S-VHS. Also, check the "sharpness" setting of the TV if it has this feature, and make sure it isn't set too high. Probably around 85 - 90% would be right.