jbaird

Good outdoor dome? VBM-24VF?

I am looking to add some additional outdoor cameras. They need to have decent day & night performance, and no IR. In the past (2yrs ago), I used the CNB VBM-24VF for this type of application. The area does have parking lot lighting.

Is this camera still the one to go with? If not, can you make any other suggestions? Thanks!

Josh

Probably the best non-IR camera deal out there. I don't know of anything else in its price range ($130) that comes close.

Yes. Great at night, but there are much better cams for daytime use. Specialty cam. Great at one thing, not so good at others. Mine is 420 tvl but I've seen them at 700tvl for what little extra good that might do if your dvr is recording 480. With your situation and lightlevel the CNB might be better and is more versatile but if you can't use ir for whatever reason then a good b&w (especially with a quality fast lens) is a great tool in the near dark, especially when paired with other cameras.

Btw, why can't you use IR? My CNB reacted well when I put in a 940nm ir floodlight and I still don't get false positive motion events from bugs and fog. It blinds it to license plates, although it isn't a good lpr cam even with no ir present and headlights off with my light levels.