vector18

Anyone have experience with sentry 360?

A friend of mine gave me a sentry 360 is-ip220-dn box IP camera. He does not know the IP that it was set at. I connected it to my router

and nothing came up. I did an IP scan for three different ranges. I found a small hole with a button on the back so I put a paper clip in it

and held it for 30 seconds. Nothing odd happened like the ethernet lights going off or the power light going off. I rebooted the camera

and checked my router. No hard wired devices found. Any ideas?

I figured out the problem. I had two network adaptors enabled on my PC. I disabled the one I'm not using and

the IP scan found the camera. I logged in and made my changes. I called sentry 360 if they have an iphone app

and they told me no. I just can't believe there is not one single app that is compatible with this 1080P IP camera.

Anyone have any suggestions?

The information I found seems to indicate that it is ONVIF compliant, so there are a few different software packages that might work. I couldn't find any information on whether it is ONVIF 1.x or 2.0 compliant.

ONVIF only introduced motion detection in 2.0, so if you want motion detection recording in lower versions, you need to use software that supports server-side motion detection (Milestone does), they have a free version (Go) that you could test it with.

Check if IP Cam Viewer will work with it. It's the best of the smart phone viewers, IMO, and supports quite a lot of cameras.

Check if IP Cam Viewer will work with it. It's the best of the smart phone viewers, IMO, and supports quite a lot of cameras.

I've looked at that one and sentry 360 is not on the list