Johnny B

Can't access DVR from internet

I have a "LTD2316ME A" DVR, I'm having trouble getting to it from the internet. I followed the setup instructions and I'm using a DNS from dyndns. I have no problems on my LAN, I used HTTP port 80 and server port 6036 (defaults). I port forwarded both in my Verizon Actiontec GT704 WGB router, I checked TCP and UDP on both. When I enter my domain from an outside connection I get to the DVR log in screen, I enter the user name and password and click LOGIN, it takes about 30 seconds and the "Connect Failed!" message comes up. It seems like I'm close but i can't figure it out.

You have probably already figured out your issue, but if not, here's a suggestion.

Open a browser and access: whatismyip.com

Write down the address

Go back to dyndns and make sure that the address matches

Also, make sure that the dyndns address has the proper ending, ie; ".org", etc.

Also make sure that there is a computer online at the IP address of your location so that the update's can take place and stay in sync (for the lack of a better word).

I have a similar problem. I have installed a DIGIMERGE DH216+ DVR at a customer's site and he currently owns a Cisco VPN Router (RV180W). Currently, he has Bell DSL Internet and the DSL modem is connected to the router, and DSL is configured on the router (Username and password PPPOE).

I set up the Port Forwarding on the router to port 80 with the device IP configured as the destination IP and using TCP only. I don't know if the problem is the router, or the DVR configuration, but I can't remotely access it from outside the network. Inside the network is no problem, I just put the local IP and my credentials, and i'm good to go.

The issue i'm having is when I put the external IP of his network into my internet explorer (eg. http://174.94.137.133), I get the logon screen, after i put them in, it takes me to the Digimerge main screen (see attachment) and anything I click, i just can't get anywhere. Locally, it works the same, and when i click any of the links, it logs me into the cameras and I can see them

Should I try using a different port? Are DVR's port specific? so do I have to use Port 80 as instructed by the DVR Manufacturer?

Does anyone have an idea of what's going on? I've spent over 8 hours just trying to configure this stupid thing. Do you guys recommend any other DVR that's around the same price range and good quality?? Digimerge seems to have alot of issues when it comes to remote accessing it.

Thanks

Untitled.thumb.jpg.fedf459118530df9690fa8ce94328a82.jpg

To start, try a different port, ie; 81, 88, 8088, etc., and let us know what happens. We'll go from there. By the way, did you just port forward one port? There are other ports that need to be forwarded within the router, dependent upon the DVR.

Dennis

Initially I port forwarded only Port 80 as specified in the quick startup guide of the DVR. It doesn't specify any other port to forward. And I only used TCP as my connection type.

Then, i was reading on another posting about my brand name DVR (Digimerge) and they specified I have to port forward port 554 also and have to have both port 80 and port 554 in TCP and UDP types. So i created 4 port forward exceptions and then tried, but still no luck. Do I have to specify the Port change on my DVR everytime i change the port? or do I do it through my DDNS? Right now, the default i had was port 80.

I will try another port tonight, like port 81 or 88 and see what happens.

Thanks

I'm not acquainted with your specific dvr, but somewhere in your dvr "net" settings should show the specified ports required to be forwareded in the router. It is there that you could change the 80 port to whatever you desire and it then has to match in your router's port forwarding.

I had a similar problem with mine and i had it plugged into a switch and i could not connect to it at all.

I changed it to a direct connection to my modem/hub (Virgin media hub) and it worked straight away.

Just an idea mate