dodolibret

LCD TV not good for analog cam?

Hello, i wanna ask some question..

I'm sorry if my english is very bad..

After i tried lot of analog cameras cctv (from 420,540,600 TVL, and many CCD sensor, brand,etc)

My conclusion is : LCD TV is bad for analog cams, tube TV/CRT TV better than LCD TV.

The images is sharper, and i can see someone face clearly in CRT TV rather than in LCD TV..

Is my conlusion true? Anybody agree with me?

I confused about this, because : mostly my customers choose analog camera (coz IP Cam more expensive) and they have LCD TV (not CRT TV).

Sometimes, they complain because the image is bad/not clear/etc..

Can anybody suggest me something?

I've tried Infinity, AVTech, "Chinese" camera , etc..

Thanx a lot..

Yes, typically LCD TVs and monitors don't do a good job displaying analog cameras but there are a few LCD CCTV monitors that do well, including Orion and ViewZ.

It would help if you told us which DVR your using and what type of cable from the DVR to the LCD TV your using as well.

Your average D1 dvr with HDMI output, is a very acceptable picture compared to cheaper cif dvrs using coaxial output.

Actually, no. Most of the issues displaying analog cameras on TVs is the relatively poor de-interlacing and upconversion circuitry from 480i to the display's native resolution (usually 720p or 1080p).