First post folks, so please don't flame. I've had my Kodicom DVR for almost a year now, and have been very happy with its performance. I'm running version 4.11.

I have the center software setup on my home and work PC, and laptop. I've even been able to log in and view (about 1fps) using my cell phone/Sprint wireless connection. It is quite impressive for co-workers and friends to see what my dogs are doing as I eat my lunch at my desk.

The long and short of this post is as such: I would like to be able to log into the DVR with IE or other browser using WebDVR (of which I only learned today). I've played with the standard site software, have forwarded all of my ports on my Linksys WG54T (or something like that) to the LAN IP of the server. Yet, when I try to log in using a browser (either from the LAN or WAN) I get no connection.

I bought this DVR as a complete unit from a glass retailer that went out of business. It came with just enough documentation to set up the site/center software - but no references to WebDVR. Can someone please explain the basics?

1) Is WebDVR a separate module, or does the site software include this ability?

2) are there any special configurations to turn on the ability to log in?

I've searched this website - which is packed full of good nugets - but haven't seen this specific question asked/answered.

TIA...

If you are running 4.11 then the Apache server should already be up & running. You can look it up under the services directory in windows computer management. If you have more then 1 pc on this Local DVR network, try keying in the DVR IP on IE to see if it works. Please remember to forward port 80 as well.

Thanks for the quick response. Apache is running. I've got all ports on the router (including 80) forwarded to the DVR machine. However, if i type in the LAN IP (so ports are direct), I still can't log in... Hmpf...

You're my hero... The problem was with the blasted Windows firewall. It was bouncing all inbound requests without warning. I've turned it off, and presto!

Now, the next question, can I set up the webDVR to use a port other than 80? Thanks a million!!