dupes

Is this setup possible?

Hi, I'm looking to get 4 CCTV cameras to go outside of my house, that I would like to connect to my TV (Samsung UE46D8000) or Amp (Onkyo TXNR609).

I have a Sky HD box that connects to the Amp, which then connects to the TV. When watching TV, it's usually Sky I'm watching, not the TV's built in freeview.

Firstly, am I correct in thinking I could get a DVR (with the cameras connecting to it), which connects to the Amp so I can switch to the DVR channel on the Amp and then switch to the different CCTV cameras on the DVR? Also, if the DVR allows 4 cameras to be attached, normally, could it then be able to record all 4 camera feeds at the same time, or just one at a time?

Ideally, I'd like to set one of the cameras (at the front door) so that when its motion sensor is triggered, the image appears on the TVs Picture in Picture. I've read the TV manual and it says the main picture can be an external feed, but the PIP can only be the TVs built in freeview, so I don't think it can be done. I just wanted to check in case anyone has a way to achieve this.

I'm new to using CCTVs, so any help would be appreciated.

If a DVR is 4-camera then it should record all 4 cameras.

If the DVR has an alarm relay output which is motion activated, OR if you use a PIR detector next to the camera, you can use that to apply a voltage to one of the TV SCART connectors, and the TV may then switch to that input. Not all TVs will autoswitch to SCART inputs.

Pin 8:

5–8 V → on/16:9

9.5–12 V → on/4:3

Pin 14: Data Ground

Most DVRs have analog outputs (BNC). You can get a BNC to RCA converter and hook it up to your amp that way. Then you can use the remote from the DVR to switch views/channels or view recorded events.