za

need help connecting camera power lines to power box

I bought some cameras and a power box (12vdc 4 output 2 amp) and need help installing. it requires a bit of electrical work. the box has four fuses with two screws connected to each fuse, there are two loose wires one white one black with the copper sticking out at the ends. there is a very technical instruction sticker in the inside of the box, it says to connect AC power mains marked "L" and "M", secure terminal marked "G" to ground..

I bought 50ft cables that has an adaptor and video line which plugs to the dvr and I understand that I should cut the adapter side split the wires and connect to the box.

I dont know if im providing enough details here, the only electrical work ive done is changing a light switch and installing a ceiling light with a fan so Im not sure if this is too technicaly demanding.

please help!

The two screws by the 4 fuses are for the cameras. Note the polarity as you said it is DC output. Cut the power adapter to the camera, again note the polarity, and screw to terminals. I assume the camera will still use the adapter for power.

I think this is what you mean"

power box: fused outputs

+ terminal ----------> center pin (power to camera)

- terminal ----------> outer ring on plug (power to camera)

input: G is ground. L and M I assume are AC hot and neutral. But I don't mess with 120VAC so I'm not sure which goes where.

L&M should be black & white. Black is "hot" and should be wred to the "Hot" terminal of the AC plug, white is the return/neutral. To determin which is "hot" coming out of the ac outlet; you will read 120vac between ground and "hot" and neutral and "hot", but nothing between ground and neutral.

on the DC side, black and red are 12vdc. just like a car battery, you need to observer "polarity"; black is negative and red is positive. You connect the camera's to a 2.1mm plug. on the box side the inner core is positive and the outer is negative. ohm it out to make sure it is wired center core to positive and out to negative.

sorry for taking so long to reply I only just managed to get around to connect this thing. any way I have a 100 ft siamese cable (I guess )power and video together, the power line is not split as red and black instead its a sheat insulated wire in the middle surrounded by the second wire which is coated by the outside insluation. I have reads several places that this is not a very good cable (too thin ) for the video side, anyway i need to know which part is negative and which part is positive for the power line so that I can connected to the power box. and any tips as far as splitting the video from the power for 4 cameras and connected the 4 power lines that lead to the power box?

thanks

sorrry to post twice but Im a bit clearer with my problem, the cable looks like the one in the link below. I just need to splice the camera power to the one in cable , its like a coax but the wire is a bundle of fibers (theres a wire in the middle with coating and wire surrouding the outside which I think is ground and +?)

I noticed from reading some posts that tape is not a good way to go. well other than soldering, is there a simple and effective way to connect these wires. and (ive read about adaptors or wire jacks?)

http://www.mjelectronics.com/pages/videoaccessories/cable.html