andy1969

ir not working fully

Hi, i have bought a ptz with ir.

i have just fitted it and in daylight the picture is fine, but as soon as the ir comes on my picture goes blurred and i can not see anything, i have checked the camera and only 3 of the 11 irs are working.

i did have to alter the power cable to the camera, as the adapter would have been outside, but it needed to be indoors, so i cut and joined it with some more cable using connector blocks.

In the manual it states that if the image is not stable it is either low power or video cable is improperly contact.

could the problem be that there is not enough power going to the camera to light up the irs, as i cut and altered the male power connectors, thanks for you help in advance, Andy

daylight_picture.JPG.8d461c684d0805ea1ead870bc5cb5613.JPG

infrared_picture.JPG.3af72ad781bfbf808fecf7636cd4f307.JPG

342000836_campic.jpg.d45e7c8a1364cb1e5ebf337b6cd2253e.jpg

Edited by Guest

IR leds do use a lot of power, so maybe that could be the problem

also, is the power source the one shipped/recommended by the manufacturer?

and when you say 3 of 11...how did you check them?

yes it is the power supplied by the supplier, but i have cut it because the connectoers were wrong,the bottom 5 lights work, i checked it by standing outside, looking upto the camera, and i could see the 5 lights showing red, i will upload a pic of the camera thr tope 3 ir lights on each side do not work thanks andy

could be a dual-IR camera, some of the leds for short range and some for long range

zoom it completely out, check the LEDS

zoom it completely in, check the LEDS

any difference?

could be a dual-IR camera, some of the leds for short range and some for long range

zoom it completely out, check the LEDS

zoom it completely in, check the LEDS

any difference?

GOOD POINT!

Hi, i have zoomed in completely and all the IR lights come on, but the picture is still the same,the screen is all black apart from the white light from the street lights, then after a few seconds the camera says no detection and resets itself, thanks for your help i really appreciate it. i also forgot to mention that when the IR is in, the white light it gives off is always flickering, so could it be that there is not enough power going to them

Andy

Hi Andy.

It could be the wire you've used for the power isn't heavy enough.

Try measuring the voltage at night when the IR LEDs are on. You'll need to do this at the camera - not at the power supply!

If there's not enough voltage at the camera, the LEDs will be dim, and the camera will reboot.

I'm guessing the "no detection" message is created by your DVR when it loses the video feed from the camera (when the camera reboots).

Specifications:

•Horizontal Rotation Speed: 30°/s

•Tilt Rotation Speed: 20°/s

•Horizontal Rotation Range: 360º

•Tilt Rotation Range: 93º

•Auto Flip Horizontal: 180°, Vertical 180°

•IR Control: Auto/ Manual/ Key

•Ratio Speed: Support

•Auto control IR LED: PWM

•IR Testing Time: 2-15s selectable

•Ambient Light: 0-50 grades

•IR Illumination On: 1-15 grades selectable

•IR Output Power: 5 grades

•IR Standby Power: 4 grades

•IR Standby Time: 15-30s selectable

•PWR on Action: Memory/A-B scan/360 scan/Home/Tour 1-3/No action

•A-B Scan: User programmable

•A-B Scan Speed: 01-64 grades selectable

•A-B Scan Dwell: 2-60s interval selectable

•360 Scan Speed: 01-64 grades selectable

•Dwell Preset: 01-60s interval selectable

•Preset Points: 220

•Go to Preset Speed: 01-64 grades selectable

•Guard Tours: 3 groups

•Guard Points: Max.16 points, dwell time user selectable

•Park Action Mode: A-B scan/360 scan/Home/Tour 1-3/Off

•Park Time: 01-60 mins selectable

•Park Action: User programmable

•OSD Menu: Support multi-language

•Communication: Protocol Pelco-D,Pelco-P

•Communication: RS485 Bus

•Baud Rate: 1200/2400/4800/9600bps

•Dome ID: Soft ID in Menu: 001-250

•Operating Temperature: Indoor(0ºC~+40ºC) Outdoor(-40℃~+60℃)

•Operating humidity: ≤95% Non Condensing

•Heater & Blower: Auto temperature control

•Power: AC/DC12V ≤3A

•IR Illumination Distance: 100M

•Power Consumption: ≤ 20W

•Lightning Protection: Transient voltage 6000V

•Compatible Camera: SONY, LG, CNB, SAMSUNG, etc.

•LED Type: Ø20=8, ,Ø16=5

The power adapter that came with the camera says INPUT 100-240V 2A OUTPUT 12v-4A

i have got another power supply that i can try which says INPUT 100-240 1.2A OUTPUT 12V-4A

if it is ok to use with the camera, i contacted the supplier of the camera and they suggested i try another power supply that is 2A, but the specs above say power supply AC/DC 12V 3A, thanks again for all your help.

i used a 5 metre power and audio extention cable, but the power connector on the cable was only a 2.1mm diameter adapter fitting and the camera was 2.5, so i cut the adapter fitting off the original transformer cable and connected it to the end of the power extention cable and cut the adapter fitting off the extention cable and re joined it to the adapter cable on the end of the transformer, therefore changing the power fittings around to make them fit, using a connector block.

but the wires were not the usual 2 cables in there own sleeve when i cut the outer sleeves, the live cable on both cables were in a sleeve, but the negative cable was wrapped around the live cable, just inside the outer sleeve, in a simular way to a tv ariel cable, so i was wondering, because i have done this, the power is not sufficient to the IRs, which is causing the problems i have,

Also will be new power supply i have be ok to use with the camera, the output is the same as the original power supply, but the input on the new 1 says 100-240 1.2A and the old one says 100-240 2A thanks again for you help

Hi Andy.

Yes, you can use the other power supply - its the "output 12V/4A" part that matters.

Could you measure the voltage at the camera? With the LEDs turned on, you are probably getting too much voltage drop across the extension cable. You might only have 9 or 10 volts at the camera, which will cause problems for the IR LEDs.

The fix is to use a thicker extension cable.

you can use some standard power cable (like the one used for 110V). that should do the trick

one tip, though: get some power outlet extension and use the power supply directly connected to the camera (just for test) to be sure that your extension cable is the culprit

thank you to you both for your replies, i will try the new power cable directly to the camera for test purposes,and if it works fine i will use a new thicker power cable and see if that works, can i test the power to the camera by unplugging the extension cable at the camera connection and putting the tester too the end of the extension cable, my back went at work yesterday, so as soon as i am able to climb my ladder i will try the solutions you both have suggested, many thanks again Andy

Hi again Andy.

Nope, you'll need to leave the camera connected when you measure the voltage. You also need the IR LEDs to be on, so that the camera is drawing as much power as possible. Only then will you be able to measure how bad the voltage drop is.

If you don't want to run a new wire just to see if thats the fix, pull the camera down and bring it to the DVR and plug it in

locally and see if the IR's work fine than.

thank you dex and horizon for all your help, i have changed the power supply extention today and the IRs all work fine now, i really appreciated the help and advice you both gave me Andy