cro55m

Help setting up my DVR to the internet

Hi,

Hopefully you'll be able to help solve my problem.

I've got a Swann DV3-1300 and i'm trying to link it to my Sky D-Link Router DSL-2640S. The router is Dynamic and it has UPnP enabled but i still can't get the router to pick the DVR up. According to the Swann manual as i've got a dynamic router with UPnP it pretty much sorts everything out.

From looking at videos when i put the routers IP in the web browser it doesn't come up with a D-Link screen and i can't find half the tabs that the videos say to go on.

If there's anyone local to Blackpool (FY5) and wouldn't mind helping me out. I can pay you for your time.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Hi,

Hopefully you'll be able to help solve my problem.

I've got a Swann DV3-1300 and i'm trying to link it to my Sky D-Link Router DSL-2640S. The router is Dynamic and it has UPnP enabled but i still can't get the router to pick the DVR up. According to the Swann manual as i've got a dynamic router with UPnP it pretty much sorts everything out.

From looking at videos when i put the routers IP in the web browser it doesn't come up with a D-Link screen and i can't find half the tabs that the videos say to go on.

If there's anyone local to Blackpool (FY5) and wouldn't mind helping me out. I can pay you for your time.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

It's your public IP address thats dynamic, the DVR requires a static local address and when you look at the map of your network, the DVR's mac address is usually displayed and not the name you gave it. You have to identify the device by it's static IP that you give it by turning off DHCP (and rebooting) that Router will automatically exclude the address from it's DHCP range.

You should first set up a DNS server account then the DVR to update the public IP to the DNS server of your router's current IP address

because it's changing your remote settings will not know where to find your router so it refers to the DNS account you set up. Free DNS accounts are available however you have to log into them every 30 days or it will delete the account (a real pain) better to get a static IP address from your ISP I think it's a one off setup charge of £5.00 Sorry I know zilch about the plug n play functions.

Don't forget to do your port forwarding and allocate the DMZ to your device.

Try this guy if you need assistance I have worked with him a couple of times, he is reliable and he works hard.

Hi,

I am wondering if some1 would be able to tell me how to view my kguard system on laptop??

Easiest way possible please?!?!