Cathotel

CnM Primus 2 DVR and BlackBerry 9900 OS7 access problems..

Hi - my first post, so I expect to be shot down

New to DVR's, but not new to IT/Networking and IP Camera's.

I just don't seem to be able to find a viewer app that will run on the BlackBerry 9900 OS7 platform. Emailed about 3 companies but no replies. I don't want to pay £10 and it not work.

The supplied VS500 1.00.0 is about 3 yrs old and states it's for OS4.6. It does install via BB Desktop Manager and I can connect to the DVR locally and externally, however it just displays 'Playing' but there isn't any video showing. The phone is reading masses of traffic though so I'm sure it's a codec issue....

Randomly it did display video for about 4 seconds but then locked the phone and had to re-install everything. Found VS500 1.00.02 and that does the same but doesn't trash the phone as bad.

Grateful to hear from anyone who has successfully used an OS7 app?

I have tried every combination of sub-stream settings before anyone asks

Regards,

Pete

Well, I guess that was the kind of unhelpful advice I was expecting on a Forum

It would have been way more effective by actually bothering to recommend a 'non nasty' DVR that could be viewed and controlled by a BlackBerry OS7 device.

Try contacting CNM via their website. You may need a few tries but eventually an email shoudl get through. I have recently bought a cnm primus and it came with a cd with mobile software on including the blackberry. It is listed as V1.00.0 and software is dated 26-07-2013! If that's any help let me know and I will email it.