Yawnder

So how do I waterproof these things?

If it's even necessary (the camera will be exposed to the elements so I imagine it is).

As of now I'm planning on ordering a CNB 24VF outdoor dome camera. Since I've never setup a camera in my life, I'm not really able to envision exactly what I'd need to do to waterproof the cable connections. Right now I'm leaning towards using baluns but I may still just go with siamese cabling. From what I gather it shouldn't make a difference though.

I'll be mounting the camera to the front of my house and then I'll have to run maybe 20 feet of cabling along the face/side of the house to get to a pre-existing hole that I can run the cabling through into my house.

I'm assuming that the camera comes with short wires connected (power and video) that protrude maybe a foot or so? If so, I imagine I would then run these wires into something like an outdoor junction box, and then I'd also run the long-length wires into this junction box and make the connection, and then I'd be good to go, correct?

yes, it is right. but you need confirm the this junction box is waterproof. you'd better choice ip6 box.

If it's even necessary (the camera will be exposed to the elements so I imagine it is).

As of now I'm planning on ordering a CNB 24VF outdoor dome camera. Since I've never setup a camera in my life, I'm not really able to envision exactly what I'd need to do to waterproof the cable connections. Right now I'm leaning towards using baluns but I may still just go with siamese cabling. From what I gather it shouldn't make a difference though.

I'll be mounting the camera to the front of my house and then I'll have to run maybe 20 feet of cabling along the face/side of the house to get to a pre-existing hole that I can run the cabling through into my house.

I'm assuming that the camera comes with short wires connected (power and video) that protrude maybe a foot or so? If so, I imagine I would then run these wires into something like an outdoor junction box, and then I'd also run the long-length wires into this junction box and make the connection, and then I'd be good to go, correct?

You'll probably need conduit to run your wires from the cam to a junction box plus conduit from the box to inside if you want to keep water away from the wires and their connections. Depends on if you're surface mounting or flush mounting. There's a big screwout plug on either the top or side of the housing for surface mounts that either leaves a big gap or can have conduit screwed into it. If you cut a hole for flush mounting then the wires should be weatherproof and indoors sitting in your eaves or ceiling. This may depend on the different models though. I only have experience with the VCM-24VF.