I am working on a system that has multiple cameras into a DVR then mods out to a channel. The initial problem was the cameras were fuzzy. The owner let me know yesterday that whatever feed is hooked in second ( i.e. camera line or TV line ) it is the fuzzy one.

The feed from the camera DVR and the amplified Cable feed join together with a 2x1 combiner then this line goes to the splitters for the house.

Thanks

Need more specific info. Is the DVR and Cable system combined with an actual "channel 3 or 4 combiner" or just a splitter?

Going in another direction, If that's the case, then what output from the DVR are you using? Does the DVR have a channel 3 or 4 rf output? Or, does it output "video" only? What does the output connector on the dvr that you are using say?

Dennis

The DVR goes to a modulator that uses channel 87. This is then fed to a Eagle Aspen 2x1 combiner. The other leg of the combiner has the cable feed. The output of the combiner feeds a small amp then goes to a 1x8 splitter for 8 tvs in the house.

If you unhook the DVR feed at the combiner the Cable feed looks good. If you unhook the Cable feed at the combiner the DVR feed looks good.

Thanks

I'm just shooting in the dark here, but,,,,,,,

Since, it is the same issue whether or not, one or the other is hooked up first. My first thought would be possibly, a ground loop issue. The only way to prove that is to insert a ground loop isolator in line with the TV out line to start. If that doesn't cure the problem, then insert it in one of the other input lines. Like I say, just hard to say, but it appears that it has to that or a defective combiner.

Sorry, that I can't be more specific

Dennis