jlm722

HDD overwrite problem

I hope I'm in the right place. I need help desperately. I purchased a DVR from wolfcomm and evidently they have NO technical support. I have an 8 channel basic DVR from them. I have the option to "overwrite" enabled. However, when the hard drive gets full, it will not overwrite. It just stops recording. I have to format the drive and start all over. Does anyone know what might be going on??

There is, but as you can probably assume, it says to choose "enable" to overwrite. "Enable" IS chosen, but it makes no difference.

Try choosing DISABLE, save, run it a bit, and then choose ENABLE again and saving the config. Sometimes computerized devices get scrambled a bit and won't truly resave settings that they think haven't changed. REALLY changing and saving them to something different and going back and freshly selecting what you really want might do the trick. That's not DVR specific, just what I've seen occasionally on other electronic devices. It is also possible that their overwrite menu selection is vague or mislabeled and that you really want DISABLE write protect instead of ENABLE overwrite if you know what I mean, so try running it on DISABLE until it's full as well.