Sign in to follow this  
txstguy

additional monitor setup options

Hello all you geniuses,

I have a wired cctv system with the dvr located in the office. I would like to view it from the bedroom as well, and i was thinking of either streaming the video through the internet or using some sort of a video sending unit and dedicated monitor. The logged in laptop connected through a web browser bit seems a little clunky, slow as i would have to keep a laptop, wake it up, log in, connect to page, let it load....

The DVR i have has a vga out which is used for the office location where the dvr resides; and i have 2 BNC outputs also.

I want to monitor from both my dvr location and bedroom, or even better, from a portable unit with a long battery.

I humbly beg your much superior opinions on the best/cleanest options. Suggestions?

Best regards to all of you!

txstguy

Hello all you geniuses,

I have a wired cctv system with the dvr located in the office. I would like to view it from the bedroom as well, and i was thinking of either streaming the video through the internet or using some sort of a video sending unit and dedicated monitor. The logged in laptop connected through a web browser bit seems a little clunky, slow as i would have to keep a laptop, wake it up, log in, connect to page, let it load....

The DVR i have has a vga out which is used for the office location where the dvr resides; and i have 2 BNC outputs also.

I want to monitor from both my dvr location and bedroom, or even better, from a portable unit with a long battery.

I humbly beg your much superior opinions on the best/cleanest options. Suggestions?

Best regards to all of you!

txstguy

Conect your TV screen by running RG59 out of the (DVR BNC out) and into the rear of the TV scart or composite inputs. There are scart to BNC convertors available and also BNC to phono convertors.

Then if you want to view the DVR al you have to do is select your TV's AV channel via it's remote control. Another nice touch would be to run a USB extension to your bedroom where you could connect a wirefree USB mouse to control the DVR from your bedroom. (If the bedroom is within range you may not have to run the USB extension cable)

Happy days

UPDATE

Of course you can use an AV video sender to the TV also