phillip9

9+ camera system, not sure how I want to go forward

Hello,

I just starting looking into video security systems and I've been reading this site for about an hour, I have to admit I'm now even more confused.

I want at least 12 camera's setup around my house.

most will be outside camera's

4 will be inside cameras

I'd like them all to be night vision

Here is where it gets more complicated

I also want to setup some motion sensor LED lighting outside my house, on the sides and back of the house.

the lights are going to replace existing lights that are not motion sensing.

I'm thinking the camera's will be installed near the lights

I'm not sure how those lights will affect the camera's ability to go between night vision and light vision as the lights motion detection will likely not be the exact same as the camera's.

I had hoped to just buy the Samsung SDE-5001n that is being sold at Costco, but that system is not talked about very much from what I could find using the search feature on this website/forum.

Just curious, what is the minimum frame rate and/or resolution needed to be able to easily identify an intruder with the camera video?

thanks for any tips and suggestions you can offer,

phill

PS. I'm pretty comfortable running whatever wiring is required myself. I also have a friend who is a handy man, so I think the two of us can get the system installed.

Features:

I want all the modern features

Internet accessable

iPhone app

computer and laptop viewing program

Night vision

Inside my garage and home office, I might like some sort of auto moving/tracking for the camera