hi iam building a system and looking for a 8ch dvr card with 320fps... looking for something good nothing generic with cheap software.

check your other post.....................I recommended Video Insight VJ120, a 16 channel card. Why do you "want" 320? Most people over purchase on FPS cards and need beyond a P4 3.0 to power it at higher resolutions. If you push lower resolutions your are wasting your money on the fps/res and high res/fps eats CPU power.

I think you meant to say 240 FPS (8 channels X 30 FPS = 240 FPS), not 320. Obviously you want higher resolutions, increased frame rate for streaming playback with minimal latency it sounds. As I do agree with VST Man regarding the CPU resources, but those items are low cost when you look at the big picture. Think about what features and functions you deem to be most critical and we can all make recommendations for you to look into.

ScottJ

what kind of computer will i need to use a card like that? i am a business owner i can send up to $5,000... of course the card being the most importnat i am willing to spend more on it.

You will be well within your budget. If you would like to discuss in more detail I can make a recommendation for you offline out of the forum. We try not to post pricing and business matters on here as it is a rule for the forum.

Either way you go, the Video Insight product is a solid option. We do not use it personally, but I will give credit where credit is due to a product that I would trust and use if needed. I have other options for you, but I would like to know in detail what features and functions will best fit your needs. No need to pay for options you will never use.

Scottj

8 channel 240fps like the others said.

Cards that are Good Quality (and also supported by members who are Dealers/Techs on this forum) and will get you good tech support, once purchased from a legit supplier.

These are in no particular order:

1-Geo Vision

2-Video Insight

3-NetPro Max

1 & 2 are the most talked about. I have a client that uses 3 and they are also solid systems.

There are a couple others and another 1 in particular that was a very solid stable card and software which I have used, but they are hard to get a hold of, and therefore support cannot be guaranteed. Personally Id use one of the above.

Im sure the guys that sell these cards will PM you with more info. Look through all the specs. You cant go wrong either way.

Whatever you do, dont buy from Ebay, Amazon, Kmart, or similar.

Rory