quick_pick

Firmware from Acti.CZ in U.S.A?????

The firmware for my discontinued Acti Cam that is available from Acti.CZ is more recent than the firmware my camera has now.

Am I able to use firmware from Acti.CZ in U.S.A.?

Thanks in advance

The firmware for my discontinued Acti Cam that is available from Acti.CZ is more recent than the firmware my camera has now.

Am I able to use firmware from Acti.CZ in U.S.A.?

Thanks in advance

Technically yes. The firmware does not vary across territories. The newest firmware versions are available at www.acti.com. All the other sites just mirror the content of www.acti.com

However, since you are talking about discontinued camera, I suggest you to validate this idea first via http://www.acti.com/chd Online Helpdesk (free service), to make sure the following:

1. Is your old camera possibly compatible with latest firmware? Anything you need to know/beware before upgrading?

2. Do the new features in latest firmware really work and solve the problems you are working on?

3. Will your video management system be able to work with the new firmware? Some of the third party VMS are strictly tied to certain versions of firmware and no exceptions are allowed.