ZK

camera power

The cameras I'm trying to install are rated 4.5 watts at 24VAC. They also will run on DC but the Watts @ 12VDC are not listed. My power panel is an Altronix ALTV615DC416UL. I was hoping to hook all the cameras up to it but am unsure as to what the camera current pull will be at 12VDC.

How do I figure how much amperage a camera takes at 12VDC when all I have is 4.5 Watts rating at 24VAC?

Thanks

ZK

Post the actual camera specifications, or post a link where we can review it. I would be more concerned on knowing what cameras these are exactly (IR, etc). That is a good power supply unit by the way, very stable.

Scottj

What size fuses should I use? The Altronix comes with 3.5 amp fuses on each output. So if the cameras only need .330 amps, should I use a .500 amp fast blow fuse?

ZK

The cameras I'm trying to install are rated 4.5 watts at 24VAC. They also will run on DC but the Watts @ 12VDC are not listed. ZK
Keep in mind that you'll need to run some voltage drop calculations based on an allowable -10% voltage drop and the 12VDC source. -10% of 12VDC is a good deal less than -10% of 24VAC !

Here is a link to the Altronix Voltage Drop Chart; here is the VD calc by Panasonic