Sign in to follow this  
smokingjoe

Can't access dvr local. The web service page is in Chinese

Hi everyone I have been tring to setup my dvr to be able to access it from a remote location, for many moons, but have not had much luck. My present problem is when I try to log into my DVR locally, using my lab top, the web service page that comes up does not look normal. There is a message that reads THIS WEB PAGE IS IN CHINESE. There is a translate button on the far right of the screen but when I click it nothing happens. I have tried both wired and wireless.

I do have a desktop that is hard wired to the same netgear router that the DVR is wired into and I can access the DVR locally from it with no problem.

I am tring to get the labtop to access the DVR locally before I take it out to try to access the DVR from a remote location.

Notes: I just got this Wireless Netgear router a few days ago. My old router was a linksys (not wireless).. I got this Labtop from my daughter. It is about four yrs old. Running windows7 on labtop. Running XP on desktop. I am thinking this might be an activeX problem but not sure. I am still a little green on windows7. I went in and enabled all of the activeX options. I did this while talking to a tech from netgear who helpped me setup portforwarding. The DVR is an Intellicam JS-8XLA series.

Does anyone have any ideas for getting the web service page to come up normal on my labtop.

Thanks Smokingjoe