ramo101

light on dome

hi, i could do with some help with a speed dome please. im getting external street light refleting

onto the dome cover, and as such im unable to use the camera to its full potential as i get

a streak of light down half the screen image.

the dome cover is a clear one so i wondered if i got a darker cover would this help.

any help you can give would be very much appreciated'

.22 Dahua short recommended as a minimum requirement. .308 Axis gives excellent results. .50 Cal Avigilon recommended by the pros but not needed by most. Make sure you buy from a reputable local vendor. Your local streetcorner may have an "expert" but won't know you after the sale.

many thanks for the sound advise.

i have managed to sort the problem, and the light was coming from a small blue power on light inside the dome

and not from the street as 1st thought. ! perhaps i should use the .22 on myself !!!

I'd be more tempted to use it on the "engineer" that decided to put a glowing LED inside a dome designed for night work. Then again, maybe it's supposed to be a day-only camera. Still a dumb design unless something's missing that's supposed to cover the LED most of the time.

I'd be more tempted to use it on the "engineer" that decided to put a glowing LED inside a dome designed for night work. Then again, maybe it's supposed to be a day-only camera. Still a dumb design unless something's missing that's supposed to cover the LED most of the time.

fully agree with this!