aibudo

Old DVR not finding the hard-drives.

Now, I could use a little information. I have an old DVR at my service shop that I took in on trade about a year or so ago and have been using it just fine there to monitor my main shop area. All at once, I was unable to view camera video at home. Was able to access the DVR ok, but it was like the camera wasn't hooked up any longer. Drove down to the shop and turned on the monitor hooked to it and the video was just fine. What I found out by going into the system info was that it was showing no hard-drives, even though I have two in it. Thought well crap, so I shut it down, powered it back up to see what happens and now I can't get into the menu's at all. No login window. The 16 channel video screen comes up with the camera video showing at cam1 location, but am unable to do anthing else. On screen, is saying something like "check hard-drives" and it just continues hunting. Has the operating system crapped out or what? Motherboard failure? The first page text of the owners manual is below. There is no name or model number, just (I guess) model numbers in a list at the bottom. It says that the "picture" might differ, but there isn't any picture to start with.

Stand Alone Type

DVR

SYSTEM

Embedded DVR

USER'S MANUAL

Thank You

Thank you for purchasing our Digital Video Recorder.

Before operating the system, please read this User's Manual thoroughly and

retain it for future reference.

Revision Date : 2007. 2. 20

Firmware Version :

Ex-Factory Date :

Picture might differ according to the specifications

050905 060829 061001 061201 070220

Graphic of the remote control attached. Probably wouldn't make any difference, but I could take a photo of the front and inside.

1181226887_DVRRemoteControl.gif.06869896ef810388521510078f0a58d1.gif

Well, I found the issue. Decided to hook up hard-drives one at a time and see what I get. Hooked up the 1st drive on the string and still nothing. Hooked up the 2nd drive on the string and eureka! Looks like if you have a defective drive in a 2 drive system, it won't boot up.

Dennis