mgb

Residential IP Camera Install

I just picked up an install for a residential cctv system. like a dope I put the too low price of $2k on the install with 5 cameras and an 8 channel dvr.

My original plan was to go with a Honeywell HRG85 and 5 Honeywell HD31 Rugged Balls or HD75 Bullets (or a combo of the 2)

Now today Im thinking about maybe going with a Dahua DH-NVR3208 NVR and 5 Dahua 1.3MP 3.6mm Bullets from www.hdsecuritystore.com but im not sure.

This equipment will run a little bit more so I will make a little less, but I'd like to start pushing the MP IP stuff.

Of course on later jobs, I will build it into the price.

I guess I could even get the q-see cameras by the pair from Costco and save a little.

I'm just a little concerned because even though the dahua stuff (and the q-see because its Dahua branded) gets good reviews around here, I have seen some issues posted that got me worried about this equipment.

Also I'm unsure of hdsecuritystore's rep, Anyone know if they're trusted.

How is the Dahua nvr for remote capabilities?

I personally buy from K&D in China but the prices at the place you find aren't bad. The reason I buy in China besides price is choice as Dahua makes dozens of camera models, but sometimes U.S. resellers limit choices to just a few models.

As for the the 1.3MP bullets, they are OK, not great. They use an Aptina sensor vs. their 1080P cameras use the Sony Exmor and are way better, not just the extra pixels, but the way it works, better colors, better white balance. Dahua is coming out with a mini bullet that looks and has the limited features of the 1.3MP bullet but has the 1080P Sony sensor. Should be out early next year.