Sign in to follow this  

How do you use a dedicated micros dvr

hi, i am using a samsung 4042 4ch dvr and someone told me to use the dedicated micros DS2 9 channel (i have one lying around) because apparently they are a lot better and you can do so much more, i would like to this as the ptz keypad will make it a lot easier to control the ptz cameras.

1)how do i connect the rs-485 cables from the camera to the unit?

2) how do i enter the ptz camera protocols and addresses for each camera, as i cant find a menu on the unit?

3) at the moment the picture comes in black and white, how do i change this to colour?

would really appreciate some help. Thank you

thank you for the reply, i managed to get an idea of how to work everything but just two quick questions..

1) how do you set the braud rate of the ptz as it only allows you to choose the protocol??

2) how do you get the netview (the software from the unit) to work on the windows 7?

thank you once again

2) how do you get the netview (the software from the unit) to work on the windows 7?

Check the DM website downloads page, you may well find an updated version of Netview to install.

I find that Netview takes about 10 minutes to start working - it may just be taking its time to get started on your computer, rather than "not working".

hi people, its been a while since i last posted on here but i still havent solved the problem, the problem i have now is using the ptz on the Dedicated micros DVR, I have a ds2 and using three VCL orbitors, if anyone is or has used a VCL camera with a ds2 please can you help.

ive tried setting the protocol switches to all off and addresses all on, ive tried numerous addresses and protocols it still wont allow me to use ptz, i have set the DVR to use VCL protocols on each camera.

pplllleeaaasssee pppllleeeeaaassseee can someone help

hi people, its been a while since i last posted on here but i still havent solved the problem, the problem i have now is using the ptz on the Dedicated micros DVR, I have a ds2 and using three VCL orbitors, if anyone is or has used a VCL camera with a ds2 please can you help.

ive tried setting the protocol switches to all off and addresses all on, ive tried numerous addresses and protocols it still wont allow me to use ptz, i have set the DVR to use VCL protocols on each camera.

i think from memory you have to wire the vcl orbitors to the r485 line on the back of the machine, to the rs485 connections in each dome then set each dome to pelco p as that runs through the older ds2's as a standard baud rate of 9600 but on the newer dm's it will run at any baud rate you want what version number does your unit say in the setup installer menu? for example my ds2a cd writer built in dm sprite 2 says version 3.1 net(dvtx) on the first menu page to shut down the unit. if this is a different version number then you may have an older machine. but on mine being the newer style machine i can tell the unit through the text setup section to setup the serial port either 123 or 4 on the back, mine has a green terminal block on the back if yours has this type of connector as well then its the newer style unit, but if it has a d type plug on swrial 1 and 2 then its the older version.

hi thanks for the replay, i've tried setting the camera to peldo p (switch 2 on 1,3,4 off) and settimg the dvr also to pelco p yet it will still not ptz, i have attached some pictures if it helps

i think from memory you have to wire the vcl orbitors to the r485 line on the back of the machine, to the rs485 connections in each dome then set each dome to pelco p as that runs through the older ds2's as a standard baud rate of 9600 but on the newer dm's it will run at any baud rate you want what version number does your unit say in the setup installer menu? for example my ds2a cd writer built in dm sprite 2 says version 3.1 net(dvtx) on the first menu page to shut down the unit. if this is a different version number then you may have an older machine. but on mine being the newer style machine i can tell the unit through the text setup section to setup the serial port either 123 or 4 on the back, mine has a green terminal block on the back if yours has this type of connector as well then its the newer style unit, but if it has a d type plug on swrial 1 and 2 then its the older version.

IMAG0445.thumb.jpg.0736c3ae4c203546b0fa77ecc1b37920.jpg

IMAG0443.thumb.jpg.6154ae52333a6c26bb46b93f16b73ae2.jpg

IMAG0442.thumb.jpg.08ea4e43cd6f7a17cc66312764dd9c5f.jpg

hi thanks for the replay, i've tried setting the camera to peldo p (switch 2 on 1,3,4 off) and settimg the dvr also to pelco p yet it will still not ptz, i have attached some pictures if it helps
hi people' date=' its been a while since i last posted on here but i still havent solved the problem, the problem i have now is using the ptz on the Dedicated micros DVR, I have a ds2 and using three VCL orbitors, if anyone is or has used a VCL camera with a ds2 please can you help.

pplllleeaaasssee pppllleeeeaaassseee can someone help [/quote']

reeboot the dvr after changing the setting in the menu as the serial port only becomes active with the setting once rebooted, and one other thing make sure yoe dome itself is set to pelco p on bothe the serial port setting on menu page SYSTEM OPTIONS and also the actual camera pages on the telemetry setup, THEN REBOOT the dvr by shutting down completely removing the power and restore power.

have you also tried changing it to vcl on the serial telemtry and putting the vcls to vcl telemtry on the camera switches then rebooting the dvr.

just tried that now cctvman, damn thing just wont do anything for god sake

where abouts you based, and does the dvr have the cd built in or not?

in heywood, greater manchester?? no it has no cd unit

when you power the domes up what does the onscreen messages say about telemetry on the cameras??

what is the converter doing on it is it to convert from 485 to 232 as from knoeing the older ds2s you need a d plug which you solder a cable to the pins 1 and 9 1 being positive and 9 being negative on the 485 line this then connects to the domes, as far as im aware you wont need anything to convert from to another. i never have used anything as a converter and telemtry works at one of the customers premises ok.

Edited by Guest

someone else asked me this once before, but i have three of these and all of them display a blank grey screen for couple of seconds and then just show the picture like normal, no text or numbers.

Ok so I've got it to work, thank you all for your help, just a few more questions, auto pan?? How do you set the left and right limits and what is patrol???