asmat91

forgot avtech avc798 password. please help

hi there,

i have a avtech avc798 dvr and i forgot the password to access the dvr. Now i have forgotten the password to access them. is there any way i can restore the dvr to factory settings?

thanks

There is a way, but I can't find my notes on it. I remember that you have to short across a resistor or two points, then power up until you hear a couple of beeps, then remove the short and you're back to square one. If I find it, I'll post back. If you don't get someone else to help at all, I might try to contact my DVR supplier for the instructions Monday.

Just remembered that there is a chip resistor next to the battery on T3. Now, if I can just remember the rest. Have sent our supplier support an email.

Dennis

Edited by Guest

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I found that way to do it but I can't find what two bits to hold to short circuit the board. Will let you know if I do manage to fix it

Thanks

Just got an email response from my sales company. Evidently there is at least two chassis for that model. The reset for one of them is af the last post. Then there is the second one. I'll attach the one I just got in an email. One of them will work I'm sure.

I was going to send this as a pdf, but I got a message saying that I can't post pdf's here. I'll post just the text.

STEP1: Remove the DVR cover and find the chip resistor to reset the hardware (next to the SATA

Cable)

STEP2: The chip resistor is located on TP5 and TP6:

STEP3: Disconnect the DVR power. Then, make the chip resistor short-circuited with a conductive object (such as forceps) as indicated below, and re-connect the power. Remove the conductive object when you hear a short beep sound, and wait till the DVR reboots.

Dennis