Sign in to follow this  
Sp00ky

DM DS2 M2IP Installer password reset?

Hi all,

One of my first posts on here, and i am wondering if anyone knows how to reset the password on a DS2 M2IP 16C?

I have bought one from eBay and like an idiot never asked if the passwords were reset and the seller is unable to help me now i have bought the unit!

I have tried the older DS2 way, UPTOWN GIRL etc... but that doesnt seem to work

Would changing the hard drive remove the password or is it stored on one of the main chips on the unit?

Any help would be great!

Cheers

Sp00ks

I do not remember exactly, but informations about the passwords are probably on a flash drive (I) which holds application data and menu settings.

In my opinion the simplest method is to format the drive I:

- DS2 CD Rom Upgrade instructions: http://www.dedicatedmicros.com/software_release/download.php?file=1579

- Full CD Upgrade (178MB) ISO CD image (Zipped file): http://www.dedicatedmicros.com/software_release/download.php?file=1577 (extract the ISO file with CD Image to your PC; burn the ISO file as an image to CD).

Hi Treborsz.

I already have the latest CD upgrade disc and i ran it on the unit but it didnt remove the passwords

I never formatted the drive though.... do you think that would work?

Many thank for coming back to me BTW... its very much appreciated

also, if i format the I drive, which it appears is where the application and menu data is kept, how will i get this back on the unit?

Sorry for all the questions, i am quite techy so have no problem in attempting this, i just dont want to end up with a brick LOL

if i format the I drive, which it appears is where the application and menu data is kept, how will i get this back on the unit?
If you use option 2 (see manual in my previous post, page 3) with format drive I, after confirming the selection the unit will automatically erase all data from drive I (application data and menu settings) and then will install the software revision that is on the CD.

I would like to say a MASSIVE thank you to treborsz for his help on this one!

I have FINALLY after having the unit sat here for over a month, managed to remove the passwords and i can now set up my domes!

You sir... are a GOD among Legends