look180

Electrical contractor needs advice

Hello all I am a fairly new electrical contractor. My company has been doing mainly general electrical type work, but I am wanting to market more towards the camera system installs. I am not sure if this is the right place in the forum to get some advice from you pros? What are some good ways to get my name out there to businesses and customers looking for cameras? I have a decent amount of experience on the camera side with ip and also analog systems installs. Now that I am on my own just not sure on how to get that type of customer base.

I am also wondering how some of you guys bid this type of work? Is there some labor units to go off of to install each device or do you all just guess how long the installs will take from experience?

Thank you all I appreciate any info...

Getting into the security business is more than just throwing equipment into a facility. There is a big liability issue at stake. Here in Maryland, insurance requirements changed shooting my premium uo to $10k per year. The reason was that customers were suing the installers when things didn't "work." People were even suing even though they admited to not arming or even unplugging it. The insurance basically covers legal costs. We got out of the business. I guess what I'm saying is make sure your license covers whatyou want to do and make sure your insurance does as well. Perhaps if you're a new company, you coud sub to an established company.

Thanks for the info I will look into the insurance liability for sure. Why did you get out of the business is it because of this issue?