lenscom

AVTECH AVN80X Firmware Upgrade Failure

I recently upgraded an AVN80X IP camera firmware to v.3005. The upgrade process appeared to be successful and the camera was working following the upgrade. However, when the camera was powered down and then up again the camera web page could not be found. As a precaution, I carried out a factory reset. This also reset the ip address to 192.168.1.10 but I still could not access the camera web page getting the standard error 404 page not found. Also, both camera indicator LEDs were OFF. The camera appeared to have booted up OK because my laptop Windows Xp UpnP reported that the camera connection was available on the factory reset ip address 192.168.1.10. I have reported the issue to AVTECH and now await a response. I am wondering if any one else has encountered a similar problem and if there is any way to re-install the firmware without access to the cameras web page e.g. using either TELNET or CGI commands.

Any help appreciated

lenscom

UPDATE 9/1/2013 PROBLEM FIXED:- Today I scanned other forums and found someone who had suffered the same fate. The problem relates to the upgrade process. There are two upgrade files that have to be installed separately. It is easy for one to assume the files are automatically selected when one browses to the files folder. The process installs the first file then you have re-run the process for the second file. I did not, and consequently, could not access the camera web page after re-powering the camera. The solution involves downloading and installing the "Windows Video Viewer" from the AVTECH website (I use the Xp O/S). Once installed the viewer software can scan and find the camera after which one can select settings and then carry out another firmware upgrade which brought the AVN80X back to life with access to its web page once more.