s99

Possessed Cameras?

I get this about twice a year, different cameras... and now its doing it again!

It would last for about 30 mins and slowly fades away.

It's just generic bullet cameras, different manufactures. Has anyone seen this before?

Heres a pic

209150_1.jpg

Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC0StAHU1a4

Thanks in advanced.

You many have already been down this path already, but,,,,,

Monitor the voltage at the camera(s) when they work ok and then when you're having an issue. Does it only do it during certain times of the day or night? What about the outside temperature, when it happens?

Also, flex the video cables at the camera and dvr while having someone watch the video and see if their is a change.

Dennis

You many have already been down this path already, but,,,,,

Monitor the voltage at the camera(s) when they work ok and then when you're having an issue. Does it only do it during certain times of the day or night? What about the outside temperature, when it happens?

Also, flex the video cables at the camera and dvr while having someone watch the video and see if their is a change.

Dennis

Thanks for the reply. It happens during the daytime, it wouldn't be the temperature since it's under a roof and the sun was already going down.

I have 14 Cameras on the dvr, powered by two 8 splitter power adapters and they all get distorted as I move the cables, nothing major, but in the video it looks like a digital type issue, how it moves in such way.

The reason that I asked about the power and video is that I have had similar issues in the past. Voltage drop at the camera end of the cable and poor/erratic connection between the bnc camera connector and the dvr. What you have looks similar to a "blanking" issue with the video, which could be caused by either of the above along with the camera or dvr itself. I do know that temperature can cause the processing within the camera to do the same thing. The only reason that I brought that up was I noticed the time stamp on your video was about 6:00 in the morning which would be the coldest time of the day. All that said, long distance troubleshooting as this, can be frustrating at best.

Dennis