ashishbansal

Which DVR?

Ahhh, a fine H.264...

some of the finest features are:

-uses electricity

-empties wallet

-takes up space

-may or may not record or playback video

I don't understand why people keep messing with these no name piles of crap. A name brand DVR is what 10-25% more? Who are you going to call if you need help, H.264?

............I don't understand why people keep messing with these no name piles of crap. A name brand DVR is what 10-25% more?.......

Exactly...thats why i wish to know its name, so that if its really a crap...i shouldn't neither buy it nor recommend it to my nears & dears..

So you know the name ????

Didnt want to hijack this thread but I guess its kind of obvious this is one of those no name Chinese DVRs.

Wanted to share an experience I had with a hotel that my contractor friend does work for. He told me someone came in and sold him a small CCTV system in a box and he wanted to add it to the hotel since current DVR was maxed out. I told him without even seeing it that it would be junk but insisted that the owner was easy to work with and would understand if I gave an unflattering opinion of what he bought. I later got a text message with a picture of the box:

Hey look, there is even a website so I look up the specs right there on the box:

http://guardiansmartvision.com/

Well there is not much info there but Lothian seems to love it so it must be good.

When we actually went to the site to look around we started with the existing DVR and he mentioned that he wanted to upgrade to a larger drive for it. While discussing that I asked hey what is the DVR you bought in the box have, he quickly said 1TB. So we finally go and look at it and he pulls the DVR out of the box and it may be the cheesiest thing I have ever seen and he says the device is really lightweight. Without even touching it I told him that thing doesn't have a HDD in it, sure enough there wasnt. I borrowed a screwdriver on the desk just to see what the inside looked like and of course no HDD, and you could see one of the memory chips on the board had clearly been soldered. I told him there was no reason to even power it up and my guess was much like those USB thumb drive scams somebody reflashed the memory IC to "trickk" it into appearing to be a 1TB.

So my point is its real easy to make a nice pretty box and slap a cool sounding name on it like Guardian Smart Vision and all the while its a POS, not to be confused with Point Of Sale. Save yourself the effort and buy something that actually has a real brand name.

IMG_1377_960x640.jpg.11487acbcf5b792ba34704d34adc7067.jpg