installerNI

Help with wireless dvr viewing

Hi iv'e run in to a hugh problem ive installed a system in which 2 cameras are wired into a DVR which is wired into a wireless access point 300Mbps wa901 ... with a directional antenna and 2 rubberduck aerials and all are in line of sight of another 9dBi directional antenna (25metres away max) which is wired 5 metres away from and into a 300Mbps wireless n router their all the same make antennas and all.

Problem is its signal isnt stable at all, some days its there 99% and others its 10%, I see the kbps drop down to nothing on the software viewing program, the same company has a so called high powered access point with a built in antenna not sure weather this will cure it as some of the reviews say it has the same dropping out problem but surely it and a directional antenna connected to it would reach 25 metre accross a yard?

I have the router and access oint set up in b/g/n mode should they be set for in n mode ?

or if it did matter would this effect the clients computer or is it all the same ?

anybodys help is greatly app,,.

the tempertures at 1 degrees and the humidity is at 92% now and its working perfect at the minute, also theres a bt signal i wander is it messing it about possiblely

god knows

I'd start by looking for stupid things, like someone picking up a cordless phone when the signal drops out. Does it do it at breaktime and lunchtime? Start looking for a microwave. Starts at 9 and ends at 5? Might be a noisy fluorescent light ballast. If it's an easy find it might be easier to change the problem (new 5.8ghz cordless, new microwave, or whatever) than work around it. Any wireless IP laptop/ipad/smartphone traffic in the area? Signal strength can drop dramatically if someone's using a lot of data but seem fine or intermittent if they're just surfing sites that aren't terribly data intensive. Consider swapping out the offending router for something with dual band and shut off the 2.4ghz radio if the devices using data can all live with the 5ghz side. Setting an existing wireless router to a different channel or auto select can help as well.

thanks for your reply also..

the system is for cows calfing and one of the times it was so bad there was the middle of the night and the owner in the house would of been sleeping, the router I have networked into has only his laptop and his smart phone connected. will def check and see if the 2 floresents are effecting it but im nearly sure they to would of been off, there is a BT signal coming accross from one of the houses at the end of the farm lane or maybe its the bt open network is the only thing

been doing a bit of reading up and if its interference from another network il download the ssider app and change the router and the access point to a different channel.

also il try setting them to 802.11n and not b/g/n like they are

hopefully this will make the dam thing work stable enough