Sign in to follow this  
guitaristshobi

Help ! IR Cameras Video Loss at Night

Hello,

At one of our client, we have installed 5 IR Cameras, We use 2 core shielded CCTV Cable so 5 lengths are running from DVR to Camera end. we used 3 powersupplies of 12V & 2.5 Amp each for 5 cameras, running 4 cameras on 2 power supplies & one on another.

At the day time it worked fine but with some waves on image, but at night time eventually we suffered from video loss for all the cameras. I think it can be Voltage drop, can i run power directly from power outlet ie 220V AC & then connecting 12VDC at camera end seprately for each camera? can it be done in same cable cause i really am not willing to lay seprate power cable for each camera.

Electrical Details are as follows :

Input Voltage : 12VDC

Input Range : 11 - 16VDC

Surge Suppression : 1.5 KV Transient

Power consumption : DC 12V +- 1V (Max 4W, Max 7W when IR Cut switch)

you cannot run mains electricity down 12V cable, it won't be insulated to the higher voltage or compliant with safety standards.

If you suspect volt drop then your first step should be to actually measure the voltage at the camera under various conditions. Although before installing you should have calculated the volt drop for the cable to ensure it would be satisfactory, especially if doing this work for a client.

You might also have high resistance joints especially if you've been using those nasty DC barrel power connector splitters.

i really am not willing to lay seprate power cable for each camera.

We use 2 core shielded CCTV Cable

what type of cable have you use ???

if you not willing to change cable or you dont know regs for mains.

quote="guitaristshobi"]used 3 powersupplies of 12V & 2.5 Amp each for 5 cameras, running 4 cameras on 2 power supplies & one on another

450 feet = 137.16 metres ........ your doing this for a customer yet mist all the basics of cctv.

however if you have used coax you can go power over coax and use 17v for that distance