ghurty

Used to use aimetis, what is a better solution for midprice?

Until now, I have been using the free software that came with camera for low end, and aimetis for high end. I am trying to find something in the middle.

I was suggested QNAP or NUUO. Originally I was told that Nuuo is much better, however after searching these forums I see the bandwith limitations of the mini.

I have 3 current scenarios that I am looking at. What would you suggest I use for each?

I have no problem building my own if necessary. If I would be building my own, is the Nuuo software the best way to go?

1 - Small 5 -1MP camera setup

2 - 5 - 1MP cameras, and hopefully hooking up to 14 existing analog cameras

3 - 15 - 1MP cameras + 8 3MP cameras.

Thanks a million

I currently use aimetis in a 14 camera setup.

While it is pretty powerful and feature rich I have a few issues. (in no particular order)

Price-the standard license is similar to other NVR software, however if you want to do anything advanced (search based off of masks, etc...) The cost shoots up

Resource hog - I have it running on a core i7 with 12gb of ram it sometimes drops the signal of a camera due to to much resources. And this is without me displaying any cameras live on that machine.

Intermittent - for example on the NVR all cameras will display, however on a client machine a few cameras just won't load. While on others they will.

Not as idiot proof - In certain environments you just need it to be very simple and easy to use. Aimetis is a little to hard for that.

On each client machine you have to Install the client software. You can't just browse to a Web page.

But overall the three main issues are cost, ease of use, and having to install client on each machine.

So I'm looking for something a little simpler/cheaper.

Thanks

I currently use aimetis in a 14 camera setup.

While it is pretty powerful and feature rich I have a few issues. (in no particular order)

Price-the standard license is similar to other NVR software, however if you want to do anything advanced (search based off of masks, etc...) The cost shoots up

Resource hog - I have it running on a core i7 with 12gb of ram it sometimes drops the signal of a camera due to to much resources. And this is without me displaying any cameras live on that machine.

Intermittent - for example on the NVR all cameras will display, however on a client machine a few cameras just won't load. While on others they will.

Not as idiot proof - In certain environments you just need it to be very simple and easy to use. Aimetis is a little to hard for that.

On each client machine you have to Install the client software. You can't just browse to a Web page.

But overall the three main issues are cost, ease of use, and having to install client on each machine.

So I'm looking for something a little simpler/cheaper.

Thanks

Did you check Avigilon ?

Never used them.

How do they compare in prices to aimetis? Capabilities? Ease of use?

Thanks

avigilon.com

in my opinion easiest on market

from simple to enterprise solution

and from 1 MP to 29 MP cameras