Sign in to follow this  
Chisel

PC card based central monitoring set-up.

Can anyone recommend a quality Pc Card receiver and software for central station monitoring?

This is a start up application where a dealer/installer will be monitoring burglar alarm accounts within a radius of a few miles initially. The plan is to expand if the investment looks sound and add video monitoring as the station grows.

I have literature from a developer dating back a few years but they seem to have sold out to one of the giants who supply to the industry.

Have done some searching but can't find anything really solid and what little is showing up has no indication of costs.

Be grateful to hear from anyone who is currently using cards and software that they are pleased with.

Regards.

Can anyone recommend a quality Pc Card receiver and software for central station monitoring?

This is a start up application where a dealer/installer will be monitoring burglar alarm accounts within a radius of a few miles initially. The plan is to expand if the investment looks sound and add video monitoring as the station grows.

I have literature from a developer dating back a few years but they seem to have sold out to one of the giants who supply to the industry.

Have done some searching but can't find anything really solid and what little is showing up has no indication of costs.

Be grateful to hear from anyone who is currently using cards and software that they are pleased with.

Regards.

hi just in a few years monitoring has moved on if you are looking at setting one up look at cloud based

Tomcctv, no doubt you're right on the rapid rate of technology change.

A few years ago I would be up to scratch on this through the trade literature but fell behind due to work, study and other issues.

Cloud based: But wouldn't this be more a matter of storage and safety and directly related to video as opposed to alarm signals?

I know that is where this investment will go if the venture is profitable but as it stands the dealer has only alarm accounts (steady growth) within about an 8 mile radius of hq and has to farm out monitoring accounts to third parties.

He is losing the RMR which he can really use.

The responsibility for specifying is with me so I have to come up with what will amount to a modest investment since I know from experience that they wont go for new stand-alone receiver prices.