cctvlad

camera menu erratic behaviour

Hi all

for the the life of me what would cause one of bullet type IR cameras with a built in OSD to behave erratically and stay on. if i switch it off its reverted back to default and it comes on within the hr again.

IR camera has a pigtail with osd buttons attached to it? to be fair the osd button stay outside the connection enclosure box would moisture cause this?

make sure you have enough power at the camera i had the same problem and it was because i was only using one pair in the cat5 when i doubled it up it worked fine

Hi all

for the the life of me what would cause one of bullet type IR cameras with a built in OSD to behave erratically and stay on. if i switch it off its reverted back to default and it comes on within the hr again.

IR camera has a pigtail with osd buttons attached to it? to be fair the osd button stay outside the connection enclosure box would moisture cause this?

Moisture can't help, that's for sure. Put it in the box. If not wrap it with exterior electrical tape- not too tight over the button though. At the very, very least if you don't want to wrap it up or box it, secure it with the button facing down. But protecting it from being in the direct weather elements is probably a good idea.