I've set up a few NVR + wireless ip cameras (ubiquiti for wireless) but they have always been a part of the customers network. Can someone explain the architecture of building a ip system without a current network in place...just a stand alone setup. Im assuming I just need a router/switch and configure everything like usual I've just never done a setup like this before. Also the job is going to call for 12 2mp cameras (3 locations with 4 cameras each), are bandwidth concerns no longer an issue since we are using only the local network we've created (can I go crazy with the amount of megapixel cameras used as long as gigabit hardware is used)? Thanks alot

just my opinion, but that doesn't sound like a project for a newbie...

study a little about networks, switches, limitations, cables etc (also bandwidth, internal switch bandwidth...)

just my opinion, but that doesn't sound like a project for a newbie...

study a little about networks, switches, limitations, cables etc (also bandwidth, internal switch bandwidth...)

I wouldnt say Im a complete noob when it comes to IP configurations I've just never configured a system from the ground up without a lan/internet access already in place...I dont see why my idea wouldnt work is my question i guess. From my understandings the equipment i was thinking about would be well within bandwidth limitations. I was going to have a NVR in one building with an outdoor access point (for ptmp config) connected to a gigabit router...the 3 remote sites would each have a 4 port switch with 4 1080p ip cameras...is their something else i am overlooking? Thanks