FPVguy

Help an FPV pilot out!

Hey Guys,

Europe checking in here

Since my main hobby is FPV (flying rc planes with cameras on with live video feed) I really got interested in the use of cameras and data transmission.

Now since I really like this technology and I like to play around with it I would like to equip my house with some cameras on all sides, with a central DVR station which can be accessed through Iphone, Ipad etc.

I have been reading some threads on here for a while and found out that the Dahua DVR's are really good ones for their money. So after allot of searching on webstores in Europe, I finally found one who sells this one: http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/dvr040408041604lf-ast-215.html

Any thoughts about that one? 4 Channels is enough

As for the camera, man, I have been searching the internet for days and still couldn't decide.

I prefer a shop from asia since here in europe they sell the same systems for twice the price, for my FPV parts I regulary order on securitycamera2000, they have great service and delivery, can anyone please take a moment and help me out which camera I need to get for cctv? What sensor do you recommend, the pixim ones or the effio ones? I also prefer cameras over 650tvl and they must have good IR since the main objective is for night monitoring. I would also prefer a dome shaped one

This one is the best I found so far: http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/690TVL-WDR-Pixim-SEAWOLF-Outdoor-IR-Camera-OSD-2.8%252d12mm-Auto-IRIS-lens.html

But I bet you guys have a better opinion

Thanks for having me!

Cheers!

It's more important to pick a good camera than a good sensor. Or a high TV line rating. Or whatever. No matter what is on paper it is possible that the camera sucks anyway. Not sure what that camera is like but the CNB Mona Lisa domes are very good in their price range. I like outboard IR so I bought a couple of VCM-24VF vandal domes. If you want built-in IR then you might prefer the LDM-24VF.