Will1962

Caught a Thief on Camera - Vivotek FD8361

Noticed this guy walking down my driveway towards my backyard. He began piling things he was going to take (scrap metal) like a raccoon trap, pieces of copper and other metal I had against my fence. I banged on the window and he saw me, but as you can see wasn't in a real hurry to get out of there, rather he picked up a copper bar, continued to look around casually, and left abandoning his haul but not the copper bar.

I called Police and they were able to locate him down the street.

Yes- the camera's are slightly out of focus. Make sure to watch in HD by clicking the option at the bottom right.

Enjoy!

Nice! How were you alerted to him being there? Happen to be watching a monitor? Did you hear him?

I had my cams up on my iPad and picked him off walking down the drive. I also got an email notification with pics but didn't notice until everything was over.

I personally don't like the Vivotek range of IP Cams. They are very unreliable and extremely overpriced, BUT the quality of the image is very good. Pity though.

Copper? Hahahahahhaa sorry, here we have cable theft in the extreme. Some places get crippled for weeks after they steel 100's of meters of cables at a time. Some steel copper piping off plumbers’ bakkies as they pass in the traffic, and I thought we were the only ones.

Good footage though!