YagamiLight

CCTV Brands

Hi,

I want to know what other good, reliable brands are there from China, Taiwan or Korea?

Could we make a top 10 list of brands:

Dahua

Samsung

etc...

You guys mind helping out, Thank you.

Start with HIKVISION. In the past seven years they have really nailed it. Sold off almost 2000 embedded DVR's with no comebacks. Software is good, reliable and easy to use. The IP range of cameras are awesome. List it as 1st.

You can also include CNB cameras and DVR they have good performance. I am using DVR almost a year without any problem.

I have handled 4 different manufacturers of dvr's and they all have had hard-drive failure within 1.5 to 3 years of use. Fact of the matter is, I just sold a new dvr to my own son and the hard-drive failed in two days of use and it was a WD dvr specific drive. Other than that, no other electronic failures. Hard-drives are the weak link, no matter the brand (in my opinion). Even the batteries in the remotes last longer.

Dennis

A couple years ago I would have agreed in adding CNB to this list but in the 12 VCM-24VF cameras we have purchased I am going on the 4th one needing repair after it just quit.

Luckily these weren't installed for any customers of ours.

The bad news is that we unknowingly apparently bought from an unauthorized reseller and now CNB is refusing to provide any support or warranty service. Who knows at what point they were added to the list but that doesn't matter to CNB

I have a hard time remembering the last time any other brand of camera we have installed quit so something is definitely wrong with these CNB's

Hi,

I want to know what other good, reliable brands are there from China, Taiwan or Korea?

Could we make a top 10 list of brands:

Dahua

Samsung

etc...

You guys mind helping out, Thank you.

Have you heard of MINKING?

This is an historic and famous brand for Speed Dome and PTZ cameras from China?

If you want to see the video footage, please search "MINKING PTZ" in www.youtube.com.

Hi Minking is one old PTZ factory. At before, the quality of MINKING PTZ was a little better than others. But after they be purchased by CSST, the quality becoming poor and poor. The quality of new products even worse than small factory.

In China, there are a lot of factories. And the production becoming more and more special. Some only focused on one or two products.

If you want to source cargo from China directly, you should make clear what's you want to purchase. Then decide which kind of factories you can check.

Anway, it's one really hard job to check factory one by one for there are more than 5000 CCTV facories all over China.

Marvin Young

www.uaichina.net

Hi Minking is one old PTZ factory. At before, the quality of MINKING PTZ was a little better than others. But after they be purchased by CSST, the quality becoming poor and poor. The quality of new products even worse than small factory.

In China, there are a lot of factories. And the production becoming more and more special. Some only focused on one or two products.

If you want to source cargo from China directly, you should make clear what's you want to purchase. Then decide which kind of factories you can check.

Anway, it's one really hard job to check factory one by one for there are more than 5000 CCTV facories all over China.

Marvin Young

Dear, thank you for your post. Also, thank you for your confirmation of Minking's acquired achievements since the past.

I'm from MINKING. I'm not going to argue with you about your comic and snide remarks. becos it's not worth to waste my time.

Truth is, to those, who ever used and familiar with MINKING's products today, wouldn't have commented as yours poor quality.

Thus, I'm very very suspicious of your Post. So do all MINKING distributors.

I remember, when I participated to Domestic or International Security Show like CPSE(Shenzhen), IFSEC(UK), INTERSEC(Dubai), Security Essen(Germany) etc, I always heard those who come or pass by at our booth, speaks definitely as "MINKING is a reliable brand for Speed Dome / PTZ.", "MINKING's quality quite good." etc.

The Marvin, though I never heard your company and you, I can guess your company will stand still or down in our Industry because of their employee, you, an unfriendly and immoral sales.

God bless you...