JWH

New person in need of advice

Hi,

I found this forum and need some help. I have read a lot of your post and I think I need a basic system setup. It goes like this: I have a neighbor who is out of control. He is constantly on my property. there has been damage to my shed and things thrown in my pool. I have found wet footprints at my back door when I check the sensor activation at night. Police are NOT doing anything. There is a fence and I have put up motion detector lights. They are constantly going off with bats and deer in the yard as well, so I wind up turning them off to get sleep at night. I don't want to transmit the info over the web, but have a back up to cd for the police and as evidence and keep the dvr recording. I want a clear still shot and full motion as well. I was looking at installing 2 cameras with separate IR illuminators as is strongly suggested here. I think I need a 4 channnel dvr but not sure what compression is going to be best for me. I don't want to spend over $1000 for the dvr if I can help it so I was looking at the Speco T4Ip but I don't think you guys like it much. also looked at the g4-4xcd but it seams cheap in comparison. I also looked at the GE dmre 4 but think its too much. I was thinking the kc-n600 cameras or are they overkill?

I have really had my eyes opened to the level of variety and details required for this topic by reading here so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JWH

you were thinking of the KT&C KPC-N600H1 , they have the IR'S built in. you said you were thinking of getting IR'S seperately. Which way do you want to go?

I recommend the the IP910 found at http://www.cctvimports.com. Nice bullet/IR camera for the money.

Budget DVR? I suggest a 4 channel Eclipse, Nubix type. Cheap and work very good. Eclipse also has the 4 channel 12vdc power supply.

You shoud be able to get all this above for approx. $1400.00 delivered. Just buy/install cable and you'll be recording billybob doing his thing.

oh, I'd also set him up. Once he see's the camera's he will do something out of camera view for sure. Buy 2 camera's, hidden if possible, and set his butt up for failure. If he is a butthead he will try to get around the video and when he does you can catch him in the act. Once you catch him he'll leave you alone.

yes, my bust..9100ex. pretty good camera. confused my numbers with a ip9100 4 camera chinese web sever.sorry.

did not know the numbix was gone..............dealers only? no biggie because that nubix is sold by others under different models.just look for the specs and the pic of the front & rear and you'll find it. I don't know where to find it and don't have time right now.......

I can hook you up with a look at this camera if you need it. Just PM me and I'll geive you a ip address and login........

I have to admit with Rory, that 4ch DVR he has there will do the trick or you could really buy a AVTECH version very cheaply, I think you should consider a much better camera. IMHO the bullet cameras with IR built in are no good for anything less than a few meters.

I would get a good day night camera with IR photocell that can adjust the IR filter, I would then use some good extreme IR flood lights and I would try to hide your work so that he does not knwo it is there.

If he always jumps the fence then make your camera look along it, even if he does other stuff, tresspasing will be enough to get a restraining order and using just 1 or 2 cameras should bring your pricing down.

the Speco T4Ip is over $1000 "retail", and so is the Nubix.

You may want to look at a cheaper alternative, either an AvTech model, like cctvgeek said, or there is another model we are looking at right now, PM scottJ for more info, or myself. These will be very low in price. (i dont sell them myself, just can point you in a direction)

Alternatively you could get a PC based 4 channel real time system, loaded with features, under $1000 retail.

if you dont need a bunch of features, just want to record and catch the people, save on the DVR for now, spend more on the cameras and Infrared so you can see them in the dark .. like the geek said also

Rory

Spytown has the T4IP and can't find the tm4cd online. Sorry. What model AvTech. I don't really want to set up another computer, the dvr should do the job.

I am looking to set up 1 maybe 2 cameras covering the shed and the fence. I agree a dome would probably be best to prevent tampering. I half want him to see me installing the cameras and half don't. I may need to cover the drive as well. This is getting interesting. I had the garbage moved and dumped in front of the car now.

You wont find that model online, the particular model number anyway, they resell in wholesale only. Ive been looking online for it also, but cant find it. I may talk to someone about selling it so at least there is a source somewhere for it, as it is a decent standalone DVR with good features. It appears that mostly installers are selling them.

Best image would be obtained from seperate Infrared, such as the Extreme CCTV UF100, or if it is a longer distance, UF500. They have different beams and filters. Most BW and Day Night cameras will recognise the 840nm filter, which is a slight glow, if you want invisible light, 940nm+, you would need a camera specifically for that, Sanyo has some, as does GE and ofcourse Extreme. The Spec sheet would normally say so, such as the Spectral Response, or IR response.

What I have at my place, simply color cameras where I have some outdoor lighting at night, and BW in the low light areas. If its pitch dark then IR is required, or Motion Lighting.

Hey,

Just to let you know I left the motion lights on last night and snapped a picture of the creep trying to go in my shed. It just happened to be the time the police were patrolling and saw him try to climb over the fence. He slipped on the fence hooked hi shoe and fell in his own yard and broke his arm. I will probably have to pay a claim against my home owners insurance but seeing he was caught and arrested was worth it.

JWH