Attempting to wire up a PSU for a PTZ but the screw terminals on the PSU have no + or - indication, whereas the screw terminals for the power on the PTZ do have + and - indications. How do I know which screw terminal to connect the wires to on the PSU?

211719_1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Attempting to wire up a PSU for a PTZ but the screw terminals on the PSU have no + or - indication, whereas the screw terminals for the power on the PTZ do have + and - indications. How do I know which screw terminal to connect the wires to on the PSU?

211719_1.jpg

Normally this is AC24v output transformer .

The PTZ dome also needs AC24v .(please check your manual of PTZ )

there is no + or - to PTZ

Philip

Philip.HDview@gmail.com

211719_1.jpg

Normally this is AC24v output transformer .

The PTZ dome also needs AC24v .(please check your manual of PTZ )

there is no + or - to PTZ

Philip

Philip.HDview@gmail.com

Yes this is a 24vac psu and the ptz also requires 24vac. The thing I do not understand is that the pigtail from the camera has a + and - for the power screw terminals, the psu has no + or - indication on the terminals so I presume I just wire it up whichever way?

Many modern cameras do allow either 24v AC or 12v DC on the same connection. So it makes sense that they mark the polarity for when using DC you dont want to reverse the wiring. With AC it does not matter so you would just ignore the markings.

Do verify that your camera will do 24v AC before hooking it up just in case. If it does 12v DC only there are simple and cheap regulators that your can hookup up to the incoming 24v AC.

Many modern cameras do allow either 24v AC or 12v DC on the same connection. So it makes sense that they mark the polarity for when using DC you dont want to reverse the wiring. With AC it does not matter so you would just ignore the markings.

Do verify that your camera will do 24v AC before hooking it up just in case. If it does 12v DC only there are simple and cheap regulators that your can hookup up to the incoming 24v AC.

Thanks.