zenwire

Any smaller shops installing Avigilon?

First time post.

I'm a one man shop in Alberta, hiring temporary resources to scale up to larger jobs. Are there certain requirements before I can become an Avigilon Certified Solutions Provider? I just can't afford to hire and carry too much overhead right now since the company is so young, but I have a project that would be perfect for what I have seen from Avigilon.

Zenwire Inc.

www.zenwire.ca

Avigilon doesn't sign up everyone as a dealer. You will have to meet minimum sales expectations and be able to prove you understand how to install IP video solutions. FYI Avigilon's target market is not small business 1-4 camera systems even though it works very well for those needs.

Avigilon is very particular about who they partner up with but if the opportunity is worth while there are exceptions.

My last look at the Avigilon product met the same results as a lot of others are mentioning, Avigilon doesn't want any more dealers then they currently have.

There is a company in the Vancouver area that is a registered distributor for Avigilon and they can also provide support if needed. Google "Visual Verification Systems". To the best of my knowledge, without being a registered dealer directly they may be the only distributor for Avigilon.

Although the Avigilon stuff may be a little overkill for a small job it's certainly a good product and from my experience working with some demo gear back when they were first starting out it's pretty easy to use and gives great results.

Avigilon is a great product, but mainly for the high end solutiuons, they have changed their approach of late and are starting to sell cheaper cameras etc, however they do have very high end products with many mnay MP cameras that use full SLR lenses - their demo on the hands free system is really something to be seen