quovadis

DVR Remote viewing issues

I am about to give up .... set up dvr and link direct to router ...get lan address and ip address ...set up dvr to show dynamic , note readings save it and restart .... check figures again ...then set to static and note readings and compare , if they agree ping dvr ...all ok start IE and enter ip address and bingo cameras ... set up port forarding and dmz and set dvr to dynamic ( This is my system ) and point dvr to my dns address (already set up) ....but no cameras

check out router over many nights to check all ok but no luck so I then buy another router a DLINK DIR 605L Router .... turn my router to modem mode ( Its a virgin media super hub) ....and then set up the DLINK in front of it .....I now have a router that I have full contol over .... I set up as before ... check the cameras internally Bingo all ok ....go to check on remote view ....nothing ..... just spins at the router address (dosthilldvr.flashserv.net ) I havent done any portfowarding rules on the new router ( basically as its new and I am not sure what I am doing ) ,,,... Yet speaking with DLINK who helped set up the connection says that it should be automatic ( but so was the setup procedure and that took 70 minutes on the telephone to get it going ) anyway ....I am going to bed ....had enough !!!

you will need to portforward or DMZ to make it work

use - http://www.canyouseeme.org/

To check the ports you need are open

remember port80 is blocked by a lot of broadband providers so move this in the DVR to another port

Hi Ran this software and it confirms "success" I can see you and no ports are blocked

(I was al;ready using port 81 ) ....I have gone online to day and checked the internal IP for the cameras and they are stable and Ok ...checked the DVR to make sure there is no errors in the email for dns and passwords and also logged in to the dnsserver to check the account .... I did all this yet if I run other software it says either unreachable or that the server wont accept ? so I have sent them an email to see if they can see any issues ....failing that I will have to change servers ....can you recomend any free ones that will allow set up and work immediatly \??

regards

Paul