platinum

Mac Address error with gdmss and HDW2100

I have a couple dahua HDW2100's. One of them is giving me a mac address error when connective via gdmss.

any ideas?

thinking its rebranded and blocked from there software?

Not much to capture, when its try to connect it says "Mac Address Error - 192.168.0.203 - Channel01"

I can get a screenshot if it helps but no more info than that. Does the software validate the camera has a known dahua Mac?

Looking closer the model of this camera is w-ipdi2100c instead of esc-hdw2100. Both from empire...

Thanks for the help

i don't think it has something to do with the software (it will say "unsupported device")... maybe you have a MAC conflict in your network

no MAC conflict. I put the camera on a separate network and same error. :Looks like the dahua cams start with 90-02-a9. Confirmed the desktop and switch were different.

I am getting a logon error with the PSS software to the same camera. I can login via the config tool and the web interface so I know the user/pass is correct. I tried creating a new user id for testing and same error.

odd...

Ill try the latest firmware if I ever get ahold of it and a hard reset. If not I guess get ahold of empire.

appreciate the help.

I reset to default and a firmware upgrade.. same issue. I just ordered the NVR3208 so might be able to work around this with that.

Just an update... the NVR was able to login into the camera, and I can view the came through gdmss relaying through the NVR. Not sure what's up with the direct connection but it works this way so I am good.