Sign in to follow this  
Al Drake

Q-See. Are these people shameless or what?

This was my first DVR and after reading a few good things I now find that I am not as happy as I was at the time I bought this rather expensive device. Does Q-See even make a DVR or are they all refurbished, used or otherwise low grade products? This "QT518T" in reality a LST with a bad reputation if anyone can believe this article:

8 Channel Enterprise Full D1+ DVR LTD2508FD Description

"This product was reviewed and rejected by our Quality Assurance Team

Why was this product rejected by the Security Camera Warehouse Quality Control Team?

We rejected this product or manufacturer for at least one of these reasons:

Poor build quality standards, evidenced by a high rate of Dead-On-Arrival (DOA) components

Infrared has a propensity to overheat, creating a potentially dangerous situation

Camera or DVR has a poorer image quality than described

Manufacturer does not stand behind their products, evidenced by a lack of or lackluster warranty"

It's no wonder I had such a hard time getting this thing online. Not to mention the poor quality cameras.

Sad Al.

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences, Al. That's one of the big reasons we try not to carry anything by that manufacturer.

From a retailers perspective, they often leave us on the hook with being unwilling to return a defective device because they hardly ever honor their warranty. That's in addition to about a 10% DOA failure rate.

Matthew from SCW

This was my first DVR and after reading a few good things I now find that I am not as happy as I was at the time I bought this rather expensive device. Does Q-See even make a DVR or are they all refurbished, used or otherwise low grade products? This "QT518T" in reality a LST with a bad reputation if anyone can believe this article:

8 Channel Enterprise Full D1+ DVR LTD2508FD Description

"This product was reviewed and rejected by our Quality Assurance Team

Why was this product rejected by the Security Camera Warehouse Quality Control Team?

We rejected this product or manufacturer for at least one of these reasons:

Poor build quality standards, evidenced by a high rate of Dead-On-Arrival (DOA) components

Infrared has a propensity to overheat, creating a potentially dangerous situation

Camera or DVR has a poorer image quality than described

Manufacturer does not stand behind their products, evidenced by a lack of or lackluster warranty"

It's no wonder I had such a hard time getting this thing online. Not to mention the poor quality cameras.

Sad Al.

You sure have a lot to look over. I need some better cameras so I will see what you have that I like.

Thanks.

Al.

Sorry I don't understand what is this related to the link you posted?

Anyway Q-see is actually a TVT OEM.

Believe it or not - there are worse.

I would go with AvTech.